How can I stop Cloud uploads?

At no time did I ever request or authorize Quicken to upload my personal financial data to the cloud or anywhere else. I believe that absolutely nothing that is stored anywhere but on my personal equipment is 100% safe and I've spent literally hours wading through posts, following instructions, signing out and in to the program, editing individual accounts ... and absolutely nothing stops the automatic upload of nearly every receipt I scan. My only recourse is to manually do a Cloud delete after the upload has completed, which isn't guaranteed to actually erase the data. I'm requesting that Quicken be updated to provide an easily-accessible and reliable way to completely disable communication with the Cloud for those of us who prefer not to use it.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken is uploading Q specific info,  not your data, to the cloud. UNLESS you chose to  use QWeb or QMobile  ...in which case the data for  those optional,  and free,  products,  uses the Cloud.
    How are you viewing these receipts  in the cloud?  It sounds  like you're scanning them  in  on  your cell ...which is  when they  go to the  cloud.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Also, have you previously done this?
    1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Turn Sync OFF.
    But NOTE that this will  disconnect your Q Mobile also, as I stated above.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if we have never enabled Sync or selected any accounts to be synchronized with the Quicken Cloud, Quicken will synchronize some of our data to a cloud account associated with the Quicken file.  Instead of attaching documents to transactions or registers in our Quicken file, we prefer to preserve our documents in a file system where they're more easily accessible and manageable.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Any account setup for Express Web Connect will sync all attachments to the Quicken Cloud dataset no matter what settings you have.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/