Reconcile Broken

I just updated to R40.21 Build 27.1.40.21 and now I can't reconcile my bank statements. The cleared balance calculation is including the transactions that have cleared after the end date for the bank statement. I validated my file and that didn't fix the problem. Is anyone else seeing this?

Best Answer

• gdawg64
    gdawg64 Member
    Answer ✓
    I figured out what was wrong. This appears to be a problem with Topside FCU online account setup. I had two existing accounts (checking and savings) that I've been tracking and synching online for years. We opened a new HELOC account with the bank and when I added it to quicken and set it up for online services, the opening balance of the existing accounts was changed from 0 to the online balance of the accounts. The transaction was marked as reconciled and dated as the account opening date. Deleting the invalid transaction fixed the issue for me.

Answers

• gdawg64
    gdawg64 Member
    Answer ✓
    I figured out what was wrong. This appears to be a problem with Topside FCU online account setup. I had two existing accounts (checking and savings) that I've been tracking and synching online for years. We opened a new HELOC account with the bank and when I added it to quicken and set it up for online services, the opening balance of the existing accounts was changed from 0 to the online balance of the accounts. The transaction was marked as reconciled and dated as the account opening date. Deleting the invalid transaction fixed the issue for me.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    gdawg64 said:
    JHello @gdawg64

Thank you for getting back to us about the resolution you discovered, and for explaining in such great detail your steps to uncovering it. I apologize for any frustration you may have experienced along the way.

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Quicken Jared