New accounts become hidden

Recently added 3 Bank of America accounts to Quicken (Premier Version R40.21 Build 27.1.40.21, Windows 10 Enterprise). After each update, the accounts become hidden and I have to unhide them. These are the only accounts I have that require two factor authentication - there's a pop-up requesting the code sent via text message.

How do I get these accounts to stay unhidden?

Comments

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    TRY this....  click on the settings icon of Accounts.....click on Accounts list.... click edit on the account you want to unhide... click on Display Options....uncheck any item under Account display...

Windows 10 and Windows 11 (separate computers)..... Quicken Premier 20+ year user
  • jdparker225
    jdparker225 Member
    That's how I unhide them. They become hidden again when I update transactions. Why don't they stay unhidden?

Thanks
    Jim
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jdparker225 Have you tried Validating your Q data file?  I haven't heard of this issue previously, but when  I read your post, data corruption  came to mind.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jdparker225
    jdparker225 Member
    I made a copy of my Q file and validated the copy. Below is a redacted report. Could any of these cause what's happening? Redactions are in "<>"

[Mon May 09 08:28:48 2022]

File: "C:\Users\<..>\Quicken\<File-name> - Copy"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "<IRA Account name>" 0/ 0/1900

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Mon May 09 08:32:29 2022]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The following transaction(s) were linked to account(s) that are no longer in Quicken. Quicken has changed them to indicate that the account was deleted. Please check them and set the category or destination account correctly. Make sure that this does not duplicate transactions.

Account <Checking account name>: <date> Deposit [Unspecified Account] <number>

------------------------------------------------------------
    ---
    Corrected 2 Bought or Shares Added transactions that were incorrectly categorized as a realized gain.
    If any of these should have been for a Cover Short Sale, you should modify them. Listed:

Date Type Account Security Amount
    ---------- ----------------------------------- ----------------------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------
    1 <some date> Added <401(k) account name> <security name> <Dollar amount>
    2 <some date> Added <IRA Account name> <security name - very long 79 chars> <Dollar amount>
    ---
    Maximum security reference: <number> number of securities: <same number>.
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.