Set default account register to view on launch (Q Mac)

JohntheEditor
JohntheEditor Member ✭✭
edited May 7 in Display/UI (Mac)
Let the user set which account register should be visible when Quicken starts. Current behavior is to open to the account register that was visible when Quicken was last closed.

Because Mac Quicken has no such preference, I often find myself entering transactions into the wrong register, then having to delete the transaction (which requires confirmation even if no data has yet been entered, adding a further unnecessary step).
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I often find myself entering transactions into the wrong register, then having to delete the transaction (which requires confirmation even if no data has yet been entered, adding a further unnecessary step).
    I like this idea; it would be a good preference setting to add. I'm generally in the habit of clicking on my primary checking account before I quit Quicken, to avoid making a mistake when I start-up.

Just FYI, if you do enter one or more transactions in the wrong account — and I've certainly done so — there is no reason to delete the transactions. Simply click (Command-click for multiple transactions) and drag onto the correct account in the left sidebar. So it's really not much of an issue to fix transactions entered in the wrong register.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993