Chase - OL-393-A Errors [Edited]

Answers

• M Scott C
    M Scott C Member ✭✭
    Add me to the list of people having the problem... I get the error message OL-393-A, yet I still have upload and download functionality. This have been going on for at least a week, if not two.

I have deactivated and reactivated all of my checking, savings and credit card accounts.
  • onepo
    onepo Member ✭✭
    I went in and deactivate bill payer like at post suggested and it worked. I'm so happy not seeing the red error message
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @M Scott C said:
    > Add me to the list of people having the problem... I get the error message OL-393-A, yet I still have upload and download functionality. This have been going on for at least a week, if not two.
    >
    > I have deactivated and reactivated all of my checking, savings and credit card accounts.

There is no need to deactivate your accounts. Just deactivate Bank Bill Pay for each account. Bill Pay should not show up as an option on your credit card accounts.
  • Badger51
    Badger51 Member ✭✭
    I don't believe any of my accounts have Quicken Bill Pay service activated
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Badger51 said:
    > I don't believe any of my accounts have Quicken Bill Pay service activated

Have you checked?
  • Frank_from_Texas
    Frank_from_Texas Member ✭✭
    Not sure if it works for everyone here, but I went into Quicken Account settings today and deactivated Bill Pay - the OL-393A error went away.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    To determine if Bill Pay is on or off do the following: Navigate to the Account Details screen and select Online Services.  This is the same screen you used to set up the bank update connection.  On the lower portion of the window there is a box named Online Bill Pay.  It should show your account name and below there is a box with Bank Bill Pay shown under the payment method.  Next to it under Online Bill Pay it shows yes.  In the Action box click on Deactivate, a window will pop up to confirm you want to deactivate the service.  Click yes.  It will then show as Bank Bill Pay, No, Check For Bank Bill Pay.  At that point you should be good to go.  Once there is a fix for the problem you can reactivate Bank Bill Pay by clicking Check For Bank Bill Pay if you wish to use that feature.
  • checkman
    checkman Member ✭✭
    I just got off the phone with a person at Chase who is familiar with Quicken Direct Connect. She said Chase is aware of and has received many calls about the problem (OL-393-A error). She said that the problem started May 9 and that Quicken is working to fix the problem. She said the problem was not on the Chase side.
  • Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭
    As I have always maintained,  this is a Quicken problem and it is time the people at Quicken, step up and resolve the problem.
  • Alan Edward
    Alan Edward Member
    My checking account had bill pay set to YES. I did not knowingly set it that way. I set it to NO and as of this morning I no longer get the OL-393-A error. We will see tomorrow it Quicken is still working.
  • Badger51
    Badger51 Member ✭✭
    > @dondgc said:
    > > @Badger51 said:
    > > I don't believe any of my accounts have Quicken Bill Pay service activated
    >
    > Have you checked?

Yes, see subsequent post
  • davisnan73
    davisnan73 Member
    I'm getting Error OL 393 A when trying to update transactions with Chase Bank
  • mrmeyer
    mrmeyer Member ✭✭
    I, too, have the OL-393-A, unable to download, but the error message seems to be in error. I'm still downloading transactions.
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you "Deactivate" Bank Bill Pay in Quicken you won't be able to pay bills through Chase using Quicken for that specific Chase account. That's why they don't recommend deactivating it in that scenario. You will still get the OL-393-A error and while it may be annoying you should still be able to pay bills through Chase in Quicken for that Chase account. If you don't pay bills through Chase using Quicken then there is no harm in deactivating Bank Bill Pay for that Chase account and the OL-393-A error should go away.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just echoing the repeated posting....
    It appears the Chase OL-393 error message is bogus -
    and the actual One Step Update Downloads AND Bill Payment Uploads are being performed.... you can check on Chase website.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Winter001
    Winter001 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Just echoing the repeated posting....It appears the Chase OL-393 error message is bogus -
    > and the actual One Step Update Downloads AND Bill Payment Uploads are being performed.... you can check on Chase website.

@Ps56k2 Actual One Step Update Downloads AND Bill Payment Uploads are NOT, again NOT being performed..

Quicken user here since the first day it was offered by Intuit. It is really disturbing that Quicken has not remedied this issue.
  • rem120
    rem120 Member ✭✭
    Both my business accounts and now some of personal accounts do not update through Chase. This has been going on with my business accounts for over a week. It says the issue is resolved but it is not.
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭
    Just did a download, all went well. Just reactivated bill pay without a problem so I guess back to normal?
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried an update with Bank Bill Pay active and the download came back with the error again.
  • Jeffrey Thielen
    Jeffrey Thielen Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I think the error message is a red herring. The update works as expected. Direct Connect Bills are arriving at Chase correctly. All updates back from Chase are being received correctly. Quicken is probably looking for a response of some type that it is not receiving as expected.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Ron S said:
    > I tried an update with Bank Bill Pay active and the download came back with the error again.

Was there an actual error or an error message?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please provide more details.

What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken (R xx.xx)  are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop/laptop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    When the update completed the update button next to the account showed as red and the One Step Update Summary came back with the OL - 393 error.
  • rem120
    rem120 Member ✭✭
    Home, biz and rental - R40.21 Windows 10. repeatedly getting OL-393-A notes. CHASE BANK. Now effecting personal checking, savings and visas as well as business checking, savings and visa. Backed up, reset accounts, everything the system tells you to do for one step update error. Been going on for days and at first was just biz accounts but now
  • T.Day
    T.Day Member ✭✭
    I keep getting a One Step update error. OL-393-A . It says it couldn't update my accounts but it in fact did update them . It started happening over and over again.
  • Thomas Langner
    Thomas Langner Member ✭✭
    For me it helped to change the connection type in Quicken from a) direct connect to b) express web connect
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: ONGOING 5/17/2022 Chase - OL-393-A
  • Rick Norkin
    Rick Norkin Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    After deactivating the online BillPay the OL-338 error stopped but Chase transactions are not downloading and the account balance at the bottom of the page has not been updated in 2 weeks. I am back to manually entering transactions. What a fiasco.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the Alert and the other 150 comments.. 
    Error message is bogus, you probably are actually downloading and uploading just fine.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.