Chase - OL-393-A Errors [Edited]

Options

Answers

• rem120
    rem120 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, it is not downloading to most accounts so not bogus. And, yes I read it all.
  • Kevin L
    Kevin L Member
    Options
    I have been following this string for a couple of weeks since I started having the same error. As recommended, I deactivated the bill pay option on those accounts that had is activated but continued to get the OL-393-A error. But now I am also getting an OL-304-A error, my Chase entries are not downloading, and the error message says Chase does not recognize my account as set up in Quicken. I am manually entering my transactions into Quicken for now, but this really needs to get fixed soon for the sale of the thousands of Quicken customers who are also Chase customers.
  • Mikey1328
    Mikey1328 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I've been getting the OL-393-A error for a couple of days. My bank is Chase, J.P. Morgan. Does this have something to do with an update? Let me know if you have any ideas.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Mikey1328 said:
    > I've been getting the OL-393-A error for a couple of days. My bank is Chase, J.P. Morgan. Does this have something to do with an update? Let me know if you have any ideas.

Not to be rude, but please read the thread.
  • Lewis Bernstein
    Lewis Bernstein Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is now over two weeks since I have reported this problem and it still persists! Isn't it time that Quicken give this their full attention?
  • jmurraytn
    jmurraytn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I have been having this error for several days now. I see a post from a moderator on May 9th saying they are aware of the error. Is there any update on timing and resolution?

Thanks,
  • EarlyUser
    EarlyUser Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Deactivating "Chase Bill Pay" (which I've never used) allowed me to update with no errors for the first time in weeks. Thanks to those who posted this solution!
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Lewis Bernstein said:
    > It is now over two weeks since I have reported this problem and it still persists! Isn't it time that Quicken give this their full attention?

Are you not able to download Chase transactions?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jmurraytn,

Thank you for contacting the Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing the OL-393-A error with your Chase account(s). 

Unfortunately, we do not currently have an ETA on a resolution for this error. You may follow this link to access the Alert that we have posted and from there you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may be posted.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and truly do appreciate your support and patience as we work towards a resolution!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jmurraytn
    jmurraytn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you.
  • dgwarren0626
    dgwarren0626 Member
    Options
    Have a solution?
  • kappadappa1
    kappadappa1 Member
    Options
    I'm getting this same error with Chase Bank. It looks like bill payments are actually being sent but the error message comes up anyway. And when I go to close quicken I get a nag popup window that says "you still have transactions to send, do you want to send them before closing" even though I don't have any transactions to send
  • David Hurlburt
    David Hurlburt Member ✭✭
    Options
    It appears that items are still being downloaded for me despite getting the annoying error.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Hurlburt said:  It appears that items are still being downloaded for me despite getting the annoying error.
    That's what we have been saying.... for most - the Downloading and Uploading are working - the error message is bogus...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• craigp10301
    craigp10301 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I am still getting error code OL-393-A for over a week seems to be updating with Chase???

[Edited for Readability]
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    If you want to only Download Transactions and Balances from Chase without that Error irrespective of your Bill Pay setting, go to the On-Line Center, ensure Chase is set in the Financial Institution Window, press the Update/Send Button.
    You'll be presented with a Pop-Up: see Attached Image. Uncheck the 'Bring my payment information up to date.' Ensure that box is clear (it's circled in Green in the image). Press Update Now and that should do it.
    You can transfer money between accounts and not generate an error as long as that 'Bring my payment...' box is unchecked.
    If you try to make a Payment, that will generate an error irrespective of what's checked (at least for me).

@Quicken_Jasmine & @Quicken_Jared - Please note: this may be pertinent in your efforts to diagnose the Bill Paying issue.
    I'm a Quicken user since 1990.
  • Badger51
    Badger51 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Does that setting "stick" for all future account updates?
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    > @Badger51 said:
    > Does that setting "stick" for all future account updates?
    To whom are you addressing this question? There are a few Posts aside from my post where setting changes are mentioned.
    Use the Quote feature on the Post you are asking the question to. (It's what generated a copy within quotes of your post above).
    Thanks...
    If you are asking about my recent Post: it does not 'stick'. It resets to Checked in my limited experience using it.
    I'm a Quicken user since 1990.
  • Jeffrey Resnick
    Jeffrey Resnick Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just started getting this error when updating my accounts. The account still seems to be updating in spite of this error. Any ideas???
  • Eazy
    Eazy Member
    Options
    Unchecking the "Bring my payment information up to date" box cleared the Chase error. However, as stated above, the setting does not "stick." it reverts to being checked each time I start Quicken. Whatever moderator is watching this, please pay attention. I have been waiting weeks for this problem to be resolved.
  • Eazy
    Eazy Member
    Options
    Now I can't pay bills using my Chase account, and Quicken pops up a message saying that it cannot activate Chase billl pay. This is a disaster that happens every year or so with Quicken. Is there a bank that reliably works wiht quicken? I'm about ready to change banks if that would fix this problem. Or are there alternatives to Quicken that work with Chase?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Jeffrey Resnick,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Chase account(s).

We do currently have an Ongoing Active Alert regarding receiving an OL-393-A error with Chase accounts. You may follow this link in order to access and bookmark the alert where you can remain up to date on any new ETAs, information, or resolutions that may occur. 

We truly appreciate your patience and support and do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    [Removed-Disruptive].  It is approaching 2 weeks since this problem popped up and still no resolution nor has there been any status reports from Quicken. A status report/update From Quicken is in order.
  • janiceruth
    janiceruth Member ✭✭
    Options
    I really don't want to click and follow this Chase error. I think it is time it is dealt with for your customers :'( Please help us. Janice R. LInn
  • LarryLawrence
    LarryLawrence Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been getting the 0l-393-A for a few days with my Chase accounts. I use Bank bill pay frequently. It appears the warning is not affecting my downloads. Payments originating in Quicken show sent and entries are clearing when posted by the bank. Seems to be a false message being caused by some communication issue. (Ver R40.21 Build 27.1.40.21)
  • Ray Warren
    Ray Warren Member
    Options
    I cant seem to add a comment but after taking the time to turn off the bill pay, accept everything, NOTHING. This is not acceptable
  • Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    [Removed-Disruptive].  It is approaching 2 weeks since this problem popped up and still no resolution nor has there been any status reports from Quicken. A status report/update From Quicken is in order.
    What does this mean [Removed-Disruptive] in the above message?  If it means what I think it means — what was disruptive that caused the comment to be removed?

My comment was fact based and simply asked for an update from Quicken.  
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with Larry and Jerry!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NOTE, these are actions that ONLY you can undertake, Q Support can't fix it for you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LarryLawrence said:  It appears the warning is not affecting my downloads.
    Payments originating in Quicken show sent and entries are clearing when posted by the bank.
    Seems to be a false message being caused by some communication issue.
    exactly -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.