Data File Automatically Password Protected Can't Access

I spoke with Quicken Tech Support via chat over the weekend to find out why my data file is all of a sudden password protected without my having added a password. The file can’t be opened with any know passwords to me and "Forgot Password" doesn't work to give it a password that I can gain access to the file. Quicken Tech Support told me to call on Monday to speak with Tech Support 2, because they didn’t work on the weekends and that they would be able to help me.

I called Quicken Tech Support today (Monday 5/9/2022) and was advised that Tech Support is aware of the problem and that this is a known bug that they are working on to correct. What?! I asked them, “How are they going to contact me to tell me that there is a fix.” “They will email you.” Really?! What am I supposed to do in the meantime??? This is ridiculous! I think it's time to move on.

Has anyone figured out how to get around this problem? Please let me know if you have any fixes. Thank you!!!

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9
    I suspect your Quicken file has been corrupted.  I suggest you restore a good recent Quicken file backup.  To locate available backups, you may select File > Find Quicken Files...
  • QuickUserSub
    QuickUserSub Member
    edited May 10
    Great! This tells me that they didn't want to get me to a hobbled solution and off the phone. Does tech support suspect that I will wait until the end of time for their email to tell me they have a solution? [Edit-Disruptive]