New user here. Items not syncing. Message included below.

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with items in my bank account not syncing and there being no repair suggestion at all.

This is the message.

How do I fix this so as to get my Quicken balance matching what it actually is in my account?

---- The desktop transaction in "account xxxx" on DATE for -$200.00 was not synced. Illegal operation. ----

Thank you so much ahead of time, Quicken community.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset your cloud data: select Edit > Preferences...Mobile & Web, and Reset your cloud data
  • Thank you. I did just read about this but I am afraid of my data on about 30 accounts I have on Quicken being deleted or negatively affected. Will that happen?
  • Also, I'm just noticing that the cloud data file actually has my dad's name. He passed away about 18 months ago and I've since moved into his house and am using his desktop. Do I need to create a new file for me? I've been using Quicken intermittently for my own accounts over the last 6 months with no great depth and now I'm trying to get a hold of my finances in great detail.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Mark - Home Office,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    Thank you. I did just read about this but I am afraid of my data on about 30 accounts I have on Quicken being deleted or negatively affected. Will that happen?
    Resetting cloud data will not affect any data saved within your data file. However, if you wish to take pre-caution before resetting, then you can save a backup of your data file first. Additionally, if you wish to review more information on the Quicken Cloud, please refer to this support article.
    Also, I'm just noticing that the cloud data file actually has my dad's name. He passed away about 18 months ago and I've since moved into his house and am using his desktop. Do I need to create a new file for me? I've been using Quicken intermittently for my own accounts over the last 6 months with no great depth and now I'm trying to get a hold of my finances in great detail.
    First, I wish to extend my sincerest condolences on the loss of your father. 

As for the data file name; feel free to change the name if do not wish to start a new file. First you will need to navigate to File > Show this file on my computer. Then close Quicken, and in the folder location showing your data file, you can right-click the file > Rename and change the name to a name you prefer.

Last, being that you are a new user, I would like to also inform you that you do have the option to schedule a one-on-one tour with our Quicken 1-2-3 team. 

By doing so, one of our Quicken 1-2-3 team members will contact you via phone at your scheduled appointment time. This team has been specifically trained and put together to assist new users in getting familiarized with the program and learn how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have.

If this is something that would interest you, then please, click here to select a time slot and schedule your tour! Alternatively, you can also call them directly at your own convenience. The phone number can be found through that same link.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja