Subscription Renewal

So why will I not renew "my subscription?" In quotes because I never knew I had a subscription--been using Quicken since the 3 1/2" floppy edition and never had any subscription. I look at the list of "advantages" to a subscription and I see nothing of value to me. It lists four reasons: 1) Download transactions--Never have, never will, enter all manual; 2) Keep software secure--only reason it's not secure is because I'm forced today to have connection to the Internet with Quicken--I have no need for a connection; 3) Mobile apps--have no need, do not use; 4) Free phone and chat support, never have found a need for this. The result is they want me to pay them $50+ dollars for nothing--sell me the software and keep all the stuff!

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Of course, it your choice to renew the subscription or not, but it isn't your choice to have a subscription or not.  I see little chance of them changing back to their old 3-year pricing model.

And just so you know, Quicken Windows US has been a subscription since 2018.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What was the last version you bought and currently use?  If you don't download then you didn't need to upgrade.  I'm staying on Quicken 2013.   It's still working fine.  I use it on Windows 8 & 10.