Corrupt Bank Balances

Upon attempting to reconcile bank for Jan 2022, I noticed the amount did not match the last reconcile. After numerous hours of investigating, the "opening balances" of both checking and savings accounts were $252.52 and $300 more respectively compared to a few backups. Still trying a few more backups for comparison. Ended up making a spreadsheet to compare dates and balances. I successfully reconciled a credit card and the figures were to the "penny". Nothing is making sense yet about the bank accounts. I have also double checked my banking activity and it is accurate. I think there was a recent Quicken Update was responsible for the corruption. I also have been talking with Support and they have no solutions at this time. I told them I would continue to investigate with other backups. I have been a Quicken user since the DOS version back in 1990 and have NEVER seen anything like this. My current version is R40.21 of Windows-based. I'm very anal about my finance organization and want to get to the bottom of this problem.

Comments

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    ALWAYS check the beginning balances in your register accounts when you suspect corruption, and do that first!
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription R39.23
     Only function used is register function and reports. NO, other Quicken functions or Sync being used.  ;)