Invalid Credentials - Initial Log-in Windows Desktop App

S.Z.
S.Z. Member ✭✭
Hello,

When I attempt to log into the Quicken Windows Desktop App, I receive the following error "Invalid Credentials." At this point I have:

- Reset my password utilizing the "Forgot your password?" function, waited 2 hrs, and then attempted to log-in again.
- Verified my username and password through successfully logging into the website, android mobile app, and the Quicken Support Community page.
- Utilized Windows uninstaller to remove the program, restarted my computer, re-downloaded the program from the website, installed, and attempted to login after 5 hours.
- Manually removed the program and previously downloaded .exe file, restarted my computer, re-downloaded the program from the website, installed, and attempted to login after 4 hours.
- Confirmed my VPN was not active while accomplishing the re-install / new-install.

I believe I have exhausted all "my-side" troubleshooting efforts. Have I missed any? Should I draw a circle of salt around my computer to ward off evil spirits? How is an established company like Quicken putting out such buggy software? The update is larger than the program file...just saying...

Thank you for any help and support possible.
S.Z.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    S.Z. said:
    Hello,

When I attempt to log into the Quicken Windows Desktop App, I receive the following error "Invalid Credentials." At this point I have:

- Reset my password utilizing the "Forgot your password?" function, waited 2 hrs, and then attempted to log-in again.
    - Verified my username and password through successfully logging into the website, android mobile app, and the Quicken Support Community page.
    - Utilized Windows uninstaller to remove the program, restarted my computer, re-downloaded the program from the website, installed, and attempted to login after 5 hours.
    - Manually removed the program and previously downloaded .exe file, restarted my computer, re-downloaded the program from the website, installed, and attempted to login after 4 hours.
    - Confirmed my VPN was not active while accomplishing the re-install / new-install.

I believe I have exhausted all "my-side" troubleshooting efforts. Have I missed any? Should I draw a circle of salt around my computer to ward off evil spirits? How is an established company like Quicken putting out such buggy software? The update is larger than the program file...just saying...

Thank you for any help and support possible.
    S.Z.
    Hello @S.Z.

I am sorry to hear about this issue with passwords and logins. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

It sounds as though you have taken admirable efforts to troubleshoot this issue, but in this case, it may be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support with the contact information provided in this link. There are specific login issues that they are uniquely able to resolve with the resources at their disposal. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Nick Elsey
    Nick Elsey Member
    @"S.Z." Do you get a fix for this? I'm having exactly the same issue
  • @s.z. and @nick elsey  - do you happen to have any special characters in your passwords?
  • S.Z.
    S.Z. Member ✭✭
    > @Damian said:
    > @s.z. and @"nick elsey"  - do you happen to have any special characters in your passwor> @"Nick Elsey" said:
    > @"S.Z." Do you get a fix for this? I'm having exactly the same issue

My solution, go on holiday ... I posted then left for a holiday. When I returned I could complete a fresh load. Not sure what mojo Quicken Professionals @Quicken Jared may have done behind the scenes, but it wasn't anything I did.

Sorry I can't be of actual help.
  • probasco
    probasco Member
    Having the same problem. :( :( :(
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really need to explain exactly which password prompt screen you are seeing as there are two totally different worlds. 

1 - the Quicken User email ID and password.
    2 - the Quicken Data File Password  
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • ppb
    ppb Member
    I have been having the same problem since Saturday. I downloaded an updated version of the Windows Desktop version and I haven't been able to log in since - either to the Desktop app or to the website. I have changed passwords, waited overnight and spent close to 4 hours on the phone with regular and escalated support (and escalated support's manager). They say that my IP address keeps changing while I'm logging in. They blamed my IP providing, wi-fi security, etc. so today I've come to the library on a public wi-fi and get the exact same issue. I've had to create a new account just to post this comment. I'm going to see if I can log into this account on the regular Quicken site as that would indicate to me it's my account that is corrupted, not the IP/wifi security. I am beyond mad about this and the lack of solution from Quicken. To rub insult into injury, today I get an email from them saying they will increase the price.
  • I'm in the same boat. I couldn't even create an account this morning, although it took payment before it let me create an account. Then I came back tonight and was able to log in via web so thought I was safe but when I attempt to login to the actual desktop app in my case mac I get invalid credentials. I use 1password, I am typing the password correctly and it works on the mac.
  • Having the same problem, tried everything. I have 2 laptops, on the old one it works like a charm. The new one keep telling me wrong credentials. Quicken, please fix this
  • Continue my comment, the funny thing is, that to sign in to this forum it accepted my credentials
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering if anyone having these issues is using a VPN ?
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • ppbourke
    ppbourke Member
    My update. I created a whole new account. I could log in fine to it at the local library and at home (with my wifi, firewall, etc.) but still couldn't log in my original account. So I called & spoke to the 4th support person - he finally said they could copy my account across to the new email account. This took a couple of days to do but once I did that I opened Quicken under the new account and with a couple of quick steps was able to get back into my data. It was frustrating that it took over a week for someone from Quicken to get beyond the cookie cutter VPN, wifi, firewall solutions. Until the very last call no-one was able to explain what was wrong with my account but clearly it was corrupted somehow. Anyway I'm back able to login.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I too had my account become unstable/corrupted last Nov after they made the Schwab migration.  It was to the point that Quicken's higher level dev team members were calling me daily to troubleshoot and they said "they had never seen such issue before and didn't know how to resolve it".  Even a brand new Quicken data file would become problematic.  Finally it was my suggestion to create a new Quicken ID/subscription which was the solution.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Cesar_Gtz
    Cesar_Gtz Member
    I have the same problem.
  • elisimpson
    elisimpson Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Can log in fine to the website but not the Quicken app that expects exactly the same login/password. Not using a VPN. Tried uninstall/reinstall, no dice.
  • cbrk
    cbrk Member ✭✭
    I'm also having the "Invalid Credentials" error when I open the Quicken application. At the moment I cannot use it at all.

I tried resetting the password, and made sure that it doesn't have the special characters ampersand (&), left carat (<), right carat (>), backslash (\), and forward slash (/) as suggested in another post in this forum. However, I'm receiving the same error after that.

Then I used the same username and password to try to login to this forum. It says my email address has not been confirmed, so I click on the link in the email and confirmed it, but I cannot login to the forum either. (I created a new account just for posting this reply).

I am currently outside US, but I have tried to use VPN to connect to a US IP address, but still no luck.

Looking at other messages in this forum, this is not the first day that this happens, but Quicken still cannot solve it. From the responses made by Quicken staff, I don't even see that Quicken sees this as a big issue. The Quicken subscription is not cheap. If Quicken does not care even if this many people cannot even login and use the application, I don't think I should continue my subscription, and will look for another solution for my personal finance management.
  • elisimpson
    elisimpson Member ✭✭
    I'm also outside the USA. Seems to be the common thread that most people are in non-USA locations. If this is some kind of misguided "security" idea to geoblock IP address ranges, tell the devs to turn if off immediately.
  • plemosc
    plemosc Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    [Removed- Speculation/Rant]. I bought a retail license and PAID. And I am entitled to use my program without restrictions. I don't need the online for anything, I do all the manual movements. Why isn't there a net disable option?
This discussion has been closed.