Show Account name on Register

When viewing an account in Quicken for Mac, the name of the account is not shown. This can be confusing for users who have several different accounts with similar Banking, Savings, Credit Cards and Brokerage entries. Quicken for Windows does include the name of the Account predominately in the upper left hand corner of the window. I suggest that the same identification should be provided in Quicken for Mac.
Tagged:
1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @JayH I'm confused by your request, because the name of the account does show up, at the top of the transaction window. (This in addition to the current account being highlighted in blue in the left sidebar.) Are you not seeing this?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JayH
    JayH Member ✭✭
    Jacobs: Once again I have been mistaken my remarks. I mean to say that the name of the File is not shown. In other words, if this is a file of John Smith's finances then that name prominently in the upper left hand of the display. If it is there already and I have not seen it, please let me know.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Ah, the file name. Good news: you can show the file name at the top of the Quicken window via a preference setting. Go the your Quicken Preferences > General and check the box for "Show file name in menu bar". Done. ;) 

Also, I should note that if you click the red 'Q' logo at the top right of the main window, it will display the name of the file as well as a few other options. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JayH
    JayH Member ✭✭
    Great. Thanks.