Feature Request: Allow users to name their charts

UserSinceDosVersion
UserSinceDosVersion Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
When creating a view, it is possible to add multiple items (ie tiles) of the same kind. For example, adding the “Expenses” tile multiple times. Imagine someone creating a view with an “Income vs Expense” tiles for each of Utilities, Entertainment, Housing expenses, etc… to get an overview of the trend of each of those expenses over time.

When you look at the view, it is currently impossible to know what each tile represents.

If there was a simple edit field in the Customize dialog to name the tile AND have that name be displayed on the tile, that would make the system much more usable.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @UserSinceDosVersion,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you are referring to the Home tab "Classic Dashboard."

The ability to rename tiles has recently been added to the new Home tab Dashboard, which is where Quicken's new development appears to be focussed.

Unfortunately on the new Dashboard, you can't have multiple tiles of the same type. That would certainly be a useful addition.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • @Jim_Harman : Yes I am referring to the classic dashboard. The new Dashboard only useful as a basic overview IMO.