CIBC download Not Supported on QMac ?

MoMoney99
MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
Please tell me this is a joke? Every other app from Y*ab to Money*iz supports CIBC auto download of transactions but when I try adding it to Quicken for Mac, I have to manually important the transaction file???

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @MoMoney99

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

I am internally showing that you should be able to set up your accounts with CIBC via Web Connect or Add Account > CIBC > Click the first result > Options. There you should see the ability to choose Web Connect or to update your accounts manually. See the screenshot below. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting - as the US Windows version supports the other One Step Update downloading - Direct - Express & manual Web

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MoMoney99
    MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Interesting - as the US Windows version supports the other One Step Update downloading - Direct - Express & manual Web

This is absurd. Why on earth are one step updates for CIBC accounts available on Windows version but not Mac Version. This whole thing is archaic. So tired of the Mac Version being treated like second fiddle, so frustrating.
  • MoMoney99
    MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @MoMoney99
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 
    >
    > I am internally showing that you should be able to set up your accounts with CIBC via Web Connect or Add Account > CIBC > Click the first result > Options. There you should see the ability to choose Web Connect or to update your accounts manually. See the screenshot below. 
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope this helps!

Thanks but how the heck does the company decide to support CIBC auto downloading on PC version but not MAC. You're effectively treating all your users differently and yet collecting the same fees (more or less). I just don't get the direction of the company here.
  • MoMoney99
    MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @MoMoney99
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 
    >
    > I am internally showing that you should be able to set up your accounts with CIBC via Web Connect or Add Account > CIBC > Click the first result > Options. There you should see the ability to choose Web Connect or to update your accounts manually. See the screenshot below. 
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope this helps!

Is there anything we can do to get Quicken to support automatic downloading of transactions to CIBC accounts? CIBC is one of largest banks in Canada. It would be tremendously helpful if we could have this institution added to the Quicken Connect feature.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @MoMoney99,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

In order for a financial institution to support downloads to Quicken, the request to be added would need to be made and submitted by the financial institution to our service providers. If you want Quicken to be supported, you will need to contact your financial institution directly and tell them you'd like to download your accounts into Quicken.

I hope this information serves to be useful to you! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.