In Q Mac, Edit Transaction Instance for ANY Future Transaction Like Windows Versions

I use Quicken for Mac and came from the Windows platform where I could edit an instance of any scheduled transaction. This is not possible on Quicken for Mac; the option to "Edit Instance" kicks you back to the earliest non-cleared transaction of the series. I don't understand this concept and would really appreciate it if the MAC and Windows versions shared this capability.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You are not correct about how Quicken Windows works.  In Quicken Windows you can only edit the next instance of a reminder, and only is that reminder isn't set to automatically be entered.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Barefoot Dad
    Barefoot Dad Member
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > You are not correct about how Quicken Windows works.  In Quicken Windows you can only edit the next instance of a reminder, and only is that reminder isn't set to automatically be entered.

I disagree. Prior to switching to the Mac version about 3 years ago, I used Quicken Deluxe (or some variant) on the Windows platform for about 10 years (conservative guess).

It was common practice for me to schedule a bill or deposit to be entered every 2 weeks, month, whatever. I have always allowed Quicken to automatically enter Scheduled Bills & Deposits to the maximum range, which was 255 days in Windows. The Mac version displays up to 5, but is not adjustable that I've found. I could edit ANY future transaction (scheduled or not) in the register by right-clicking its entry (1st through the 255th) and selecting the appropriate edit option.

Be that as it may, whether I'm correct or incorrect (how Quicken works) is irrelevant. In the end this is meant to be a "PRODUCT IDEA" (my sole purpose for entering it where I entered it). I want to be able to edit any item in my register that is part of a scheduled series and change its details if I want.
  • Barefoot Dad
    Barefoot Dad Member
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > You are not correct about how Quicken Windows works.  In Quicken Windows you can only edit the next instance of a reminder, and only is that reminder isn't set to automatically be entered.

Whether I am correct or incorrect (how Quicken works) is irrelevant. I specifically chose this thread with the intention of it being a "PRODUCT IDEA" because discussing the issue with Quicken support was fruitless and they prompted me to add it (here) as such.....a Product Idea.

Be that as it may, prior to switching to the Mac version of Quicken about 3 years ago, I used Quicken for Windows in excess of 10 years. It was common practice for me to schedule a bill or payment in advance up to the maximum 255 days. I specifically remember being able to right-click and edit ANY future transaction that was part of a scheduled series and change its amount. I can't be convinced otherwise.

Product Idea: Allow editing ANY future transaction that is part of a scheduled series.
  • Barefoot Dad
    Barefoot Dad Member
    > @Chris_QPW said:

Whether I am correct or incorrect (how Quicken works) is irrelevant. I specifically chose this thread with the intention of it being a "PRODUCT IDEA" because discussing the issue with Quicken support was fruitless and they prompted me to add it (here) as such.....a Product Idea.

Be that as it may, prior to switching to the Mac version of Quicken about 3 years ago, I used Quicken for Windows in excess of 10 years. It was common practice for me to schedule a bill or payment in advance up to the maximum 255 days. I specifically remember being able to right-click and edit ANY future transaction that was part of a scheduled series and change its amount. I can't be convinced otherwise.

Product Idea: Allow editing ANY future transaction that is part of a scheduled series. :/
  • Barefoot Dad
    Barefoot Dad Member
    I apologize for the multiple posts...my browser popped up an error each time I hit the post button and I thought it wasn't adding my comment. :s
  • Barefoot Dad
    Barefoot Dad Member
    > @Chris_QPW said:

I disagree. Prior to switching to the Mac version about 3 years ago, I used Quicken Deluxe (or some variant) on the Windows platform for about 10 years (conservative guess).

It was common practice for me to schedule a bill or deposit to be entered every 2 weeks, month, whatever. I have always allowed Quicken to automatically enter Scheduled Bills & Deposits to the maximum range, which was 255 days in Windows. The Mac version displays up to 5, but is not adjustable that I've found. I could edit ANY future transaction (scheduled or not) in the register by right-clicking its entry (1st through the 255th) and selecting the appropriate edit option.

Be that as it may, whether I'm correct or incorrect (how Quicken works) is irrelevant. In the end this is meant to be a "PRODUCT IDEA" (my sole purpose for entering it where I entered it). I want to be able to edit any item in my register that is part of a scheduled series and change its details if I want.
  • CyborgOne
    CyborgOne Member ✭✭✭
    Agreed: If we are able to edit the next transaction instance, why can’t we edit ALL fields of that instance? See my related concern: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927786/how-do-i-edit-all-details-of-one-instance-of-a-recurring-bill