Unable to send problem report.

Randy 415
Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
If I try to send problem report inside the app, I get error. Unable to send report.
I uninstalled and reinstalled quicken.

Comments

• Randy 415
    If i create a new data file, it works. but why and how to fix?
    also is inconsistent. i also do NOT send the data file.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Randy 415,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Randy 415
    Validate did not solve. Super validate did not solve. Results of super validate:
    [Wed Jun 29 10:31:40 2022]

File: "C:\Users\accou\Documents\Quicken\QDATA" 

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Wed Jun 29 10:32:57 2022]

[Wed Jun 29 10:32:57 2022]
    Maximum security reference: 398, number of securities: 398.
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash/Transfer investment transactions updated: 156/0/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Super validation has completed.

• Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up, though I am sorry to hear that the issue continues to persist.

Next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Randy 415
    So I did the copy, and then opened the copy. then was able to send report. But now what? I am concerned the copy is not really all my data. And do I really have to reconnect ALL services, etc>? I have a lot of bills. How to proceed? And why would the old file be an issue? It passed super validate... Seems like a bug to me... Thoughts?
  • Quicken Anja
    The copied file should copy over all the data from your original file. As mentioned previously, unfortunately, creating a copy does disconnect all online services due to a new dataset ID being created as the process basically creates a new data file while copying and pasting the existing data from the original file so all online connections will need to be reconnected in the copied file.

However, if submitting a problem report works in the copied file, that does confirm that the original file was damaged and/or corrupted.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • JRC Systems
    JRC Systems Member
    edited September 2022
    [Removed-Off topic/Speculation]
This discussion has been closed.