Date on printed check

DavidC5819
DavidC5819 Member ✭✭
Quicken for Windows allowed me to change the date on a scheduled check transaction to the date that the check was printed. The same would be nice to have in the Mac version as well.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm trying to understand… In order to print a check, you're changing the scheduled transaction to a real ("posted") transaction by marking it Paid, right? That allows it to you up in the Print Checks screen; if you don't mark it Paid, it can't be printed. Once you mark the scheduled transaction "paid" in order to print the check, you can change the date to anything you want it to be. 

If you want to change the date of the next scheduled payment without changing the future schedule, you can just double-click on the next instance of the scheduled transaction and you can edit the date.

So what date change are you saying Quicken is preventing you from making?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe, @DavidC5819 is talking about this setting in Quicken for Windows Preferences:
    Assume you have a scheduled reminder, due on the 15th.
    Today, the 9th, you enter the reminder as a register transaction so that you can print and mail a check today. You want the date on this check as well as the register transaction to be dated today, the 9th.
    Enabling this setting will allow you to do that in Q Windows.
    Is there a setting in Q Mac which will allow you to do that?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @UKR Ah, thank you. No, there is no such feature in Quicken Mac. But it takes only a couple seconds to edit the transaction data after posting the transaction and before printing the check. I now understand the desire to make this happen automatically, but unless someone is writing many dozens of checks from Quicken and doing this all the time, I don't see this as a big deal. But the original post didn't say it was a big deal, just that he wanted the feature... so I get it now. ;)

I think Quicken Mac users who print checks have high-priority wishlist items — particularly the ability to tweak the alignment of the Memo field on checks — but by all means, add this to the wishlist. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993