Easier way to spot when Online Balances and Ending Regisier Balances differ.

Be able to generate a report that will show online balance vs register ending balance? Need an easy way to see if they disagree without having to open each register. Perhaps a new dashboard item?
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a moment I was tempted to say: Look in Tools / Account List.
    But then I double-checked before posting. And no, there is no Online Balance column available in the Account List. Current Balance and Ending Balance are there, but no Online Balance. (You may have to enable these columns using the Options button)
    If the programmers added Online Balance to the Account List view, would that meet your needs?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, there would need to be a second checkpoint with respect to the dates for that online balance and for the register ending (or current) balance.  The dates may not correspond. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14
    To be clear, I think what you are asking for is a report that compares accounts' online balance to their current, not their ending balance. The ending balance includes future-dated transactions and will almost always be different from the online balance.

I think the report would be most useful if it showed all three balances that appear at the bottom of the register - Online, Current, and Ending. It would be even better if the report also included the Cleared balance, which would include all transactions that are marked C or R. This should always equal the Online balance unless there is some issue with pending or mismatched transactions.
    QWin Premier subscription