Chase pending transactions

s.ayer
s.ayer Member
Is it just me? Chase pending transactions downloading to phone but not downloading to desktop.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    s.ayer said:
    Is it just me? Chase pending transactions downloading to phone but not downloading to desktop.
    Hello @s.ayer

I am sorry to hear about these issues with missing transactions after updates and downloads. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community. 

First, have you tried reseting the filters in the account register(s) to make sure that no transactions are being hidden. You can do this by clicking on the green Reset button just above the register itself, if and when it appears. Also try changing the sort order by clicking on the box containing the word Date at the top of the associated column so that the nearby triangular arrow changes directions.

Lastly, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that it is being contained locally on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service.

I look forward to corresponding further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Pending transactions are a mess.  Ever since there was an announcement that there was going to be an option to allow downloading pending transactions (but not yet fully implemented) people have been seeing pending transactions when they shouldn't, or indications that there are transactions but not seeing any.  Not to mention them being included or excluded from the online balance inconsistent with the current "policy".

The old "policy" for Quicken was that you were never supposed to see pending transactions.  Right now it seems that anyone using Express Web Connect is subject to these "integration hiccups".  And since Chase just went from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect + you can expect them for Chase now if you have made the switch.

In my opinion at this point there shouldn't be any "troubleshooting recommendations" because in fact there isn't anything the user can do.  Other than workaround the problems like if the problem is in reconciling then going to reconcile to the statement setting instead of to the online balance.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    Pending transactions are a mess.  Ever since there was an announcement that there was going to be an option to allow downloading pending transactions (but not yet fully implemented) people have been seeing pending transactions when they shouldn't, or indications that there are transactions but not seeing any.  Not to mention them being included or excluded from the online balance inconsistent with the current "policy".

The old "policy" for Quicken was that you were never supposed to see pending transactions.  Right now it seems that anyone using Express Web Connect is subject to these "integration hiccups".  And since Chase just went from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect + you can expect them for Chase now if you have made the switch.

In my opinion at this point there shouldn't be any "troubleshooting recommendations" because in fact there isn't anything the user can do.  Other than workaround the problems like if the problem is in reconciling then going to reconcile to the statement setting instead of to the online balance.
    I do agree that this issue affects EWC (and potentially EWC+) setups.  But it also does occur with some DC setups although not as frequently nor does it cause as significant a disruption to the reconciliation process.  For me it happens with my DC connections with PNC Bank and Midland States Bank.
    The issue usually self resolves after running OSU, again, 12-24 hrs later.  But I can see where it might not resolve for longer if there are new transactions just about every day.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R44.20 on Windows 10)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    To me there seems to be two fundamentally different problems.

Forever there have been situations where problems have occurred.
    1. Downloading of pending transactions when they shouldn't.
    2. Pending transactions not downloaded, but included in the online balance.
    3. Downloaded transactions, but not included in the online balance.
    The above fall into two categories, the financial institution does it wrong "all the time" (like downloading pending transactions), or only the transactions and the online balance being out of sync for some period of time.

As an example of the second I have had a couple of financial institutions that the online balance doesn't catch up until late at night or the next day.

BUT the second thing that I have been seeing since that announcement about making pending transactions optionally downloaded is that is the long threads on the "red flags" when there are pending transactions, but no cleared transactions.  And much more complaints about the online balance not being right.

Put in another way, I believe that they did something in preparation for this change that has increased the frequency of these problems and added a few more.

Also, I think one has to pay more attention to the reported problems before jumping on the standard "reset everything" approaches.

The original question is why there are pending transactions on the Mobile App, but not on the Desktop.

If they hadn't made the announcement that they are working on allowing pending transactions then the answer would be "There must be a bug in the Mobile App because you aren't supposed to get any pending transactions downloaded anywhere".

The fact that there are pending transactions on the Mobile App implies that they are either working on this feature to allow pending transactions, and again something has slipped through, or it is just the set of "normal problems".

I have no idea at this point.  But at this point the problem isn't that the Desktop program isn't downloading pending transactions, it is that the Quicken Mobile Apps is.
    Signature:
  • ORBroncoFan
    ORBroncoFan Member ✭✭
    This problem was introduced following this latest Quicken update. What's being worked on the Quicken side to address? This is not an issue for customers to resolve.
  • William
    William Member ✭✭✭
    Also a problem with me.  Pending transactions are not downloaded, but the balance is the Posted + Pending.  Thus reconciliation is not possible within Quicken.

This needs to be fixed!
    Quicken Home & Bisiness Desktop R43.14
  • Agreed ! Reconciliation is not possible within Quicken.

Pending transactions are not downloaded, but the balance is Posted + Pending transactions. Thus reconciliation is not possible within Quicken.

I am now reconciling manually and this is one of the main reasons I bought and use Quicken.
  • Disney Fan 60
    Disney Fan 60 Member ✭✭
    Since I was forced into the new connection the online balances showing in quicken desktop are including the pending transactions (some of which are not finalized) making reconciliation impossible especially if the credit card is used frequently and there are always pending transactions
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Reconciling to the online balance might be impossible, but reconciling to the "statement balance" is always possible.  Note that the "statement balance" can in fact be a balance on the financial institution's website.
    Signature:
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    My. isn't this a Pain?

One action I take to help satisfy my mind is to manually mark those transactions that are denoted as downloaded with a "R" in the Cleared (ctr) Column. 

1. Go to your affected account, and temporarily add a Column by the name of Downloaded Posting Date.  - (Select the Gear Icon to the far right in the account header, select the Register Columns menu entry, and checkmark the Downloaded Posting Date Entry).

2.If any of your transactions do show a Downloaded Posting Date. scroll over to your Ctr (Cleared) Column and enter a "R" (reconciled) to show the transaction as being reconciled. Update the transaction. (If the Ctr Column is missing, apply the above step utilized in adding the Downloaded Posting Date. to add the Ctr (Cleared) Column, 

3. Utilize the steps in #1 to remove the Downloaded Posting Date column; if so desired. I would leave the Ctr Column present on the Account Screen.

At least, I feel more satisfied that those transactions that should be marked as Reconciled are so marked. 

Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • ORBroncoFan
    ORBroncoFan Member ✭✭
    Quicken People: FIX THIS
  • Vic8484
    Vic8484 Member
    My current issue is that Quicken is not downloading my pending transactions, yet my online Chase balance in Quicken includes the pending transactions. Valid reconciliation in Quicken is not possible without a placeholder to account for the pending transactions. This will be a nightmare to manage; hopefully it's something Quicken & Chase are working on. I do not see any settings that will alleviate is issue. I'm already not a happy camper about the Chase Bank Bill Pay going away so this is irritating.
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken does not download pending transactions only transactions that have cleared. The problem with EWC+ is that it includes pending transactions in the online balance. As you have stated it makes reconciling to the online balance impossible unless you create a placeholder transaction for the pending transaction. This is a known issue that Quicken is supposedly looking into. 
  • pkelley
    pkelley Member
    I had this problem with the Chase Pending Transaction balance, as described by rpgarrett75703 above. I don't know exactly when this changed, but my Chase balance matches the posted transactions balance now and I have several pending transactions which are not included in the balance. This may have changed "fixed" after I updated too, R43.32. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, Premiere, Build 27.1.43.32.

I still have an issue with my Chase Credit Card showing "Needs Attention" in Bill Manager. Not sure why, I can pay it with Check Pay. I know Quick Pay will no longer work due to EWC+ but am hopeful it will pull the due date and amount at some point. I have removed and added numerous times to Bill Manager.
  • BradClarke
    BradClarke Member ✭✭
    Not only do the pending transactions download and show up in the online balance but you cannot match them to existing transactions. For my scheduled bills this means I'm getting double transactions in the register and I can't do anything about it.
  • BartP
    BartP Member ✭✭
    This morning I have 3 large payments that are entered in to the register, and are also showing as pending by the bank. The end result is that account bar balances are counting those bank payments twice resulting in a huge negative balance. Yesterday I had the exact opposite scenario making it appear I had way more money in my accounts that was real. The way the pending is being handled makes it impossible to trust the numbers that Quicken is showing me in relation to my balances which effectively negates the whole point of the product.
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken should not be downloading pending transactions into your register. It should only be downloading cleared transactions and will mark them as such after they are downloaded and entered into your register. You may have manually entered a pending transaction in your register that should eventually get matched with the corresponding cleared transaction when it gets downloaded. By default, Quicken has the option to "Show pending transactions" enabled. This will not cause those transactions to be entered into the register. Instead, you will just be able to see those transactions listed in the area just below the register. Sort of a preview of what transactions will soon download.
    The transaction here was not downloaded into my register. However, this pending transaction is reflected in the Account Bar which should not be happening. However, I had manually entered this transaction into my register but that causes its value to be counted twice in the Account Bar. What I had to do is change the option from "Show pending transactions" to "Hide pending transactions" until Quicken fixes this mess. 
  • dlpjm
    dlpjm Member ✭✭
    Seeing same as previous comments, hope it will be fixed, also seeing many double pending transactions showing in pending section below cleared section and being added to account balance in account column.