How can I DELETE transactions waiting at the bottom?

BobQuick
BobQuick Member ✭✭
edited September 17 in All Things Canadian (Windows)
Quicken 2007 (Canadian)

I imported a .qif file of transactions.
They are sitting at the bottom of the screen.

I am offered:
Accept transactions into register

There are at least 50 transactions.
These are my choices:
Accept All / Accept/Finish later

I would like to DELETE all of the transactions.
How can I do this?

The only thing I see currently when I Right-click a transaction is:
Delete one transaction.

It would be too tedious to do this with each one.

Best Answer

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am assuming that you already determined that they are duplicate transactions and you do not need them, correct?  Otherwise why would you want to delete them?
    There are round about ways to do that: "Accept All", then include the "Downloaded posting date" to your register column and then sort buy it.  Now you can mass delete them using the select-shift.  The screenshot to add the "Downloaded posting date" may look slightly different in Quicken 2017 - I think it had a gear icon at the top.

With 50 transactions however, my personal preferred approach is to do exactly what you wrote as tedious and do so individually.  50 transactions may take a few minutes but it is the cleanest method with minimal impact to your Quicken data file.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am assuming that you already determined that they are duplicate transactions and you do not need them, correct?  Otherwise why would you want to delete them?
    There are round about ways to do that: "Accept All", then include the "Downloaded posting date" to your register column and then sort buy it.  Now you can mass delete them using the select-shift.  The screenshot to add the "Downloaded posting date" may look slightly different in Quicken 2017 - I think it had a gear icon at the top.

With 50 transactions however, my personal preferred approach is to do exactly what you wrote as tedious and do so individually.  50 transactions may take a few minutes but it is the cleanest method with minimal impact to your Quicken data file.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• BobQuick
    BobQuick Member ✭✭
    > @BK said:
    > I am assuming that you already determined that they are duplicate transactions and you do not need them, correct?  Otherwise why would you want to delete them?
    > There are round about ways to do that: "Accept All", then include the "Downloaded posting date" to your register column and then sort buy it.  Now you can mass delete them using the select-shift.  The screenshot to add the "Downloaded posting date" may look slightly different in Quicken 2017 - I think it had a gear icon at the top.
    >
    >
    > With 50 transactions however, my personal preferred approach is to do exactly what you wrote as tedious and do so individually.  50 transactions may take a few minutes but it is the cleanest method with minimal impact to your Quicken data file.

Thanks very much BK for your help.
    I used your first suggestion, kind of.
    I accepted the transactions (dated 2017) into an account with dates 2013.
    So I didn't even need to do the 'download posting date' thing.

Once they were in the register it was simple to select them and delete them. :)
This discussion has been closed.