chase reconcilliation

chase accounts won't reconcile since the update to their system. quicken downloads the account balance including the pending transactions, but does not download the transactions. i don't care about the transactions, but now I have to log into chase each day and see what they are so i can confirm i am in balance.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• scag21bucs
    scag21bucs Member
    Thanks for posting this. My connection to Chase updated 2 days ago and I'm having the same issue. I now have to log onto Chase and manually reconcile, because the auto reconcile is including uncleared transactions. Anybody have a solution?
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue. Quicken moderator told me to contact support. If I hear anything I will post back.
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    For the benefit of those who are on this thread, I have reached out to Quicken Support who provided me with this update:

Apparently when Quicken alerted us within the software to update our connection to Chase, Chase had not fully migrated all Quicken customers to the new connection on their end. Consequently there have been a ton of reports of the behavior I described above. I was told NOT to disconnect with Chase - that we should wait 5 days (since yesterday, so 4 days) and see if the problem is resolved on Chase's end by then. Disconnecting would only cause things to get worse, like tons of duplicate register entries.

So Quicken is saying this is a Chase problem. I would argue that it's Quicken's problem for instructing us to update the connection too soon, which is exactly what transpired here. I sure hope this gets resolved soon. Been using Quicken for over 30 years and problems seem to be getting worse.
  • jcweb35
    jcweb35 Member ✭✭
    I also have had the same issue since reauthorizing my Chase accounts per instructions. All of the pending transactions are being downloaded which affects the online balance so I cannot reconcile the account.
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    @jcweb35 Exactly. This morning it is starting to properly match SOME transactions, but still reconciling against the bank balance NET of pending transactions.
  • Jeninnorcal
    Jeninnorcal Member
    same issue. Hopefully they can get this resolved asap.
  • kemawalker
    kemawalker Member
    Same issue.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Jasmine Any updates on this??
  • getjab
    getjab Member
    Same issue. I try to reconnect for transaction downloads. I go thru all the steps instructed in quicken and quicken says relinking specific accounts is successful, but transations won't download. Quicken then informs me that I need to update my connection. I do get emails from Chase letting me know that the connection with Quicken has been successful. It just doesn't work. I've gone thru this process 5 different times over a week.
  • getjab
    getjab Member
    Now I'm being connected to a Chase page that is not working. This appears to be a Chase problem. So far, Quicken support has been very helpful.
  • floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Not even getting that. Still broken.
  • bugsmeany
    bugsmeany Member
    > @getjab said:
    > Same issue. I try to reconnect for transaction downloads. I go thru all the steps instructed in quicken and quicken says relinking specific accounts is successful, but transations won't download. Quicken then informs me that I need to update my connection. I do get emails from Chase letting me know that the connection with Quicken has been successful. It just doesn't work. I've gone thru this process 5 different times over a week.

Same here, for the last week. Essentially making Quicken unusable, as all my accounts are with Chase.
  • Zoit
    Zoit Member
    Same here... I just reported it through the app as the moderator reported.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • rgolly
    rgolly Member
    Same issue as others have posted. Frustrated is an under statement. Any update or at least a timeline to fix Quicken support?
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    It’s actually working for me now, as of yesterday morning. I’ll have to check today if it’s broken again.
  • ptpoling
    ptpoling Member
    i have to log into chase each day to check what is pending so i can reconcile - not good
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    ....and I take that back. This morning it is no longer working. It was working fine yesterday morning, but definitely broke again.

To be honest this is the worst screw up that Quicken has made - EVER. And there have been other colossal screw ups. Fix the darn thing already. We're tired of excuses. This is TERRIBLE.
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    I still have not gotten an update popup, just get a daily reminder that I should do it before 9/26. Still working for me so not going to touch it.
  • Chumley
    Chumley Member
    I have never seen an issue of this severity go unresolved for this length of time. A professional software provider would have fixed this within 48 hours. This should have not even been possible if Quicken had adequately tested this new connectivity with Chase.
  • RLR54
    RLR54 Member
    Add me to the list. Updated / migrated login Friday, September 2nd. Chase CC now will not reconcile. Error in pending transactions.
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    Chumley said:
    I have never seen an issue of this severity go unresolved for this length of time. A professional software provider would have fixed this within 48 hours. This should have not even been possible if Quicken had adequately tested this new connectivity with Chase.
    Exactly. And all we here is it’s been “escalated” with no ETA. And now - my Chase credit card account is completely out of whack. @Quicken Anja  are you people even seeing this mess?
  • Chumley
    Chumley Member
    I actually found that Quicken had created an opening balance for my Chase account in the process. Resetting the opening balance amount to zero helped me to at least be able to manually reconcile the account now.

Also, I just installed the latest SW update from Quicken - it did not fix the Chase issue.
  • Joel
    Joel Member ✭✭
    I am getting an incorrect online balance from chase after the update of the connection. I cannot reconcile because it wants to put in an adjustment that is not correct.
  • floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    > @Chumley said:
    > I actually found that Quicken had created an opening balance for my Chase account in the process. Resetting the opening balance amount to zero helped me to at least be able to manually reconcile the account now.
    >
    > Also, I just installed the latest SW update from Quicken - it did not fix the Chase issue.

Yeah, I don’t know if it’s the SW or not. Either Quicken is pulling the wrong balance from Chase or Chase is simply passing through the wrong balance back to Quicken. I just want some resolution.
  • floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    > @Joel said:
    > I am getting an incorrect online balance from chase after the update of the connection. I cannot reconcile because it wants to put in an adjustment that is not correct.

That’s the crux of the problem. It’s giving you the online balance net of pending transactions, which is clearly wrong. I would recommend ignoring the adjustment and just manually reconciling back to that balance until Quicken can get their act together.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    floydfan said:

That’s the crux of the problem. It’s giving you the online balance net of pending transactions, which is clearly wrong. I would recommend ignoring the adjustment and just manually reconciling back to that balance until Quicken can get their act together.
    Well, I'd say that Chase has to get their act together. They are the ones downloading the incorrect account balance to Quicken. Quicken can't fix this; Chase can — by sending Quicken the account balance not including pending transactions. 

Meanwhile, if you switch to reconciling to a statement balance rather than to the online balance, you'll be able to correctly reconcile your account. (Of course, you need to have your Chase statement or log into Chase to see your current posted balance, so this is mildly annoying.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    floydfan said:

Well, I'd say that Chase has to get their act together. They are the ones downloading the incorrect account balance to Quicken. Quicken can't fix this; Chase can — by sending Quicken the account balance not including pending transactions. 

Meanwhile, if you switch to reconciling to a statement balance rather than to the online balance, you'll be able to correctly reconcile your account. (Of course, you need to have your Chase statement or log into Chase to see your current posted balance, so this is mildly annoying.)
    Strangest thing just happened. It's working now. But this happened to me last week, and then it broke again. So I will reserve judgement and see where this goes.
  • pauil
    pauil Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me. I love it when the improvement actually makes things worse.