Holdings in Investment Accounts / Naming

mahneedham
mahneedham Member ✭✭
In the Quicken update I just installed (Deluxe Version R43.14 Build 27.1.43.14) there is a new feature that allows for the display of both the Name and the Symbol for 'Transactions'. Nice feature. I want to know why the same functionality cannot be added to the 'Holdings' listing. Right now it is sometimes hard to match up investments when doing lot reconciliation.
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mahneedham,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19
    I think this should be a global setting and not just affect the current Transaction List (register). It should also affect
    -- security names in the Enter Transactions dropdown list
    -- security names in other dropdown lists such as the report security selection tab
    -- Investing > Portfolio views
    -- captions for charts in reports and on the Investing > Allocations page
    -- security names in reports

The dropdown lists and captions, which have less room for the full security name, would particularly benefit from this change.

Maybe the setting should be moved to the Preferences > Investments page
    QWin Premier subscription
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭
    This is a great idea!  I have the same complaint with the "Holdings" view.  I had implemented a brute force fix by just renaming the affected securities with the symbol in front.  Even more utility may be gained by a global option to include the symbol as an additional column in all security views, to allow for sorting either way - by name or symbol.  I have some accounts that are inconsistent in their reporting, sometimes sorting by name and sometimes by symbol.