Does ANY of my information get accessed by TikTok since Quicken has now partnered with them?

karilyse
karilyse Member
edited September 24 in The Water Cooler
Quicken announced a partnership with TikTok. ALL data in TikTok is accessible to the Chinese government. They are not known for honesty and they are known for hacking data. Is any of my Quicken information (user information, financial activity, etc.) exposed to TikTok in any way?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @karilyse,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your concern.

Could you please provide the source of where you found this information? I have checked our internal channels and have not found nor am I aware of any existing or new partnership between us (Quicken) and TikTok.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • karilyse
    karilyse Member
    it was in an email from Quicken
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 20
    Thank you for your response.

This email may likely have been sent from a scammer and not Quicken. To verify this; could you please provide a screenshot of the email? And/or provide the exact sender's email address that this email came from, please?

For instructions on how to attach a screenshot please refer to this Community FAQ. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • karilyse
    karilyse Member
    <[email protected]> or more specifically <[email protected]com>
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for providing these details. 

The email you provided is in fact not from Quicken and would likely be a phishing or scam email. We ask that you please forward the email to [email protected] so this can reported to the proper channels.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jao
    Jao Member
    I also received the email stating that Quicken has joined TikTok. The email is from [email protected] That doesn’t look like a scam to me. That looks like quicken and TikTok are teaming up.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22
    I also received an email from Quicken referencing TikTok. It is the last item in the August update, titled 

Quicken Update | August 2022

The email certainly looks authentic. The section that mentions TikTok says,

-------

Want $50 to Simplifi your life?

We’ve joined TikTok! Comment on one of our new videos with something you want to simplify in your life for a chance to win $50. Terms apply. (Be sure to follow us so we can DM you if you win.) #SimplifiYourLife

HOP TO TIKTOK

QWin Premier subscription
  • karilyse
    karilyse Member
    I forwarded the email as directed even though a detail review of the source does not indicate it is a scam.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22
    It appears that the email did come from Quicken but "We've joined TikTok" just means that Quicken has posted some videos on TikTok. Quicken would like us to go to TikTok and comment on the videos.

Assuming that is the case, your financial data is not at risk. But if you choose to post a comment on TikTok, that will identify you as someone who is interested in Quicken, and whatever you share in your comments will be there for anyone to see.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • karilyse
    karilyse Member
    Thanks! I know better than to join TikTok.
This discussion has been closed.