Dashboard Arrangement Not Remembered

pcmaven
pcmaven Member ✭✭
edited August 23 in Reports (Windows)
I have arranged the dashboard tiles the way I prefer, and when I return to Quicken after closing, they always revert to the previous arrangement!
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    pcmaven said:
    I have arranged the dashboard tiles the way I prefer, and when I return to Quicken after closing, they always revert to the previous arrangement!
    Hello @pcmaven

I am sorry to hear about this problem with dashboard tiles moving unexpectedly. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Try adding one or two accounts by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, try making some of the changes in your dashboard that you normally would then save a backup and close the software; do the changes you've made remain in the test file?

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the following in my notes:

Stuck in loop with logon to Quicken.com? Quicken fails or is slow to start? Quicken won't save changes to lists or transactions? (Windows)

Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

Does this apply to you?
  • Jeff107
    Jeff107 Member ✭✭
    I have a similar question - but it's not about the data in the tile but that the tiles won't stay where I left them or in the case of the "Portfolio Value" tile, it reverts to last 7 days. I have to rearrange them every time I reopen the app.