Sub Categories for BANKING - BANKS

I see "sub-categories" as VERY useful inside of BANK accounts. For example.... in my personal account, I live on 60% of my income, and set aside (but leave in my bank other things) 10% to tithing, 10% to long-term savings, 10% to short-term savings, and 10% to philanthopy. I would love to be able to put the money into these subcategories within my BANK ACCOUNT, because the money is still there, it is just allocated to specific categories to write checks with laterr, or place into the "spendable" area of the account. QUICKEN really should make this a possible feature. Putting a sub-category under BANK, that allows a pocket of money inside the account. This would not affect the bank balance in any way. But would allow you to allocate these items for future use. You would then be able to pull money from those pockets and from the account at the same time. That way, you can still balance your bank statements without messing with your subcategories.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24
    Please check out Quicken's Savings Goals and see if that does what you want.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    By using Savings Goals, the funds are still in the account when it comes time for reconciliation, but they are not visually shown when you look at the account's register and prevents you from spending them (as part of your 60%).
    It also doesn't categorize them as tithing, short/long term savings or philanthropy until you actually spend it on one of those categories.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list