Investments Reported as Other Assets

stevebarr32
stevebarr32 Member ✭✭
I have some investment accounts that I do not do direct connect with. They are set up in the account list as Investments. When I run the Net Worth report, they are reported as Other Assets and not Investments like I want them reported. How can I get these accounts reported in the Investment section of the report?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I have some investment accounts that I do not do direct connect with. They are set up in the account list as Investments. When I run the Net Worth report, they are reported as Other Assets and not Investments like I want them reported. How can I get these accounts reported in the Investment section of the report?
    Hello @stevebarr32

I am sorry to hear about this difficulty with Account types. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are these investments operated manually - without online banking connections of any kind?

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Try adding one of these investments by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Now try running a Net Worth report as you would normally; do you notice the same behavior with respect to whether or not the account is listed as an 'Other Asset?'

I hope to hear about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared