Capital Group/ American Funds QFX gives error OL-221-A

Today, the downloaded QFX from Capital Group American Funds gives error OL-221-A when it's imported into Quicken. This has always worked without problems for years.
Anyone else have this problem? Is it related to last weeks Quicken update?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @jkl1,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Capital Group account(s). 

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-221-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • jkl1
    jkl1 Member
    Pretty sure the error is not Quicken. If the QFX file is downloaded and opened with a text editor, the file contains webpage script account information. This occurred after they made changes on the website. I can't find a way to contact the Capital Group IT department to them about.
  • jkl1
    jkl1 Member
    Error the file contains webpage script account information. Should read:the file contains webpage script and not account information.
  • Having the same issue on today, 09/08/2022.
  • farbelow
    farbelow Member
    Same issue on 9/10/2022
  • tr25
    tr25 Member
    Still not working
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of times this error is given if there is a syntax error in the QFX file (which only the financial institution can fix).

If you look at the connection log it should report this kind of problem and about where it found it.
    Help -> Contact Support -> Log Files -> Connection Log
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tr25
    tr25 Member
    Still not working. Called American Funds/Capital Group over a week ago and they said they were aware of the problem (many people had reported it ) and they were working on it, but didn't have a time for when it would be resolved. Sounds like they should invest in better IT people.