Manual Reconcile

We like to manually reconcile items as they clear the bank each week to help us ensure we are entering all transactions as we go. (we do NOT like the auto sync with the bank). Really we just wanted an electronic version of our check register.

However, we have noticed an update for the quicken on the web that we can not manually "clear" items on the register! What happened?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    We like to manually reconcile items as they clear the bank each week to help us ensure we are entering all transactions as we go. (we do NOT like the auto sync with the bank). Really we just wanted an electronic version of our check register.

However, we have noticed an update for the quicken on the web that we can not manually "clear" items on the register! What happened?
    Hello @fallujahveteran,    

I am sorry to hear about this issue with reconciling manual accounts. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what is happening, exactly, when you are trying to clear the transactions? Also, just so I am sure I understand the situation: is this happening on your desktop application? Is this happening with one account in particular, or more than one?

Try saving a backup by navigating to the top of the screen and selecting File > Copy or Backup File... then proceed through the following steps:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared