What happened to "You can still access you data with an expired subscription" . . . ?

CutterB
CutterB Member
I went in to categorize some transactions that were downloaded before my subscription expired, only to find that [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] have broken their promise about being able to continue using the software in a limited capacity (i.e., can't download new transactions). As often happens, the software did an automatic update before starting. Then, [Removed - Rant] it shows me this popup with something about only being able to run versions created before my expiration date. When I click OK, the program exits. So, without warning, Qucken automatically updated itself to a version that I can't use. Is that any way to treat a loyal customer who's been buying and using your products for 30 years?

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please see this help topic for instructions on getting the correct patch version installed:

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • CutterB
    CutterB Member
    Yeah, the popup led me to that same page, telling me that I have to reinstall the software. Furthermore, if it continues with these automatic updates every time I run Quicken, I will have to reinstall EVERY TIME I RUN QUICKEN. There appears to be no answer (so far) to my question: "Is that any way to treat a loyal customer who's been buying and using your products for 30 years?"
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can set the Windows UAC to prompt you to install a Quicken update.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • CutterB
    CutterB Member
    . . . or I could check out MoneyDance as an alternative (one time $49.99 payment!). I can remember when we were being forced to "upgrade" every 3 years, at ~$60 a pop, making it a tolerable $20/year cost (about what it's actually worth). Now, they want me to pay that $60 EVERY YEAR. Isn't greed one of the 7 deadly sins?
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can set the Windows UAC to prompt you to install a Quicken update.
    I second that.  I too have used the Windows UAC to remain on a version from months ago without having to update.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.