Quicken cannot connect to this account / Capital One (Q Mac)

wrabrams
wrabrams Member
Error Code BID 7492

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    wrabrams said:
    Error Code BID 7492
    Hello @wrabrams

I am sorry that you are being affected by this issue with BID errors. Thanks for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Do you currently make use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), antivirus software, pop-up blockers, or new firewall settings? It may be necessary to remove these or turn them off in order to troubleshoot this issue further, as they can occasionally cause connectivity issues that result in these error messages.

I hope to hear more from you about this, and I can provide additional recommendations, if you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • wrabrams
    wrabrams Member
    No VPN or pop up blockers

This issue started after Quicken announced the Chase update that req
  • wrabrams
    wrabrams Member
    required signing in again, but I still get the request through Quicken to fix that account.
    The BID error was for a totally different account
  • Quicken Jared
    wrabrams said:
    required signing in again, but I still get the request through Quicken to fix that account.
    The BID error was for a totally different account
    Hello @wrabrams,  

I see; thank you for letting me know about these developments. I do apologize this issue is continuing. 

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show ("Data File Name will be displayed here") in Finder... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior, or even data damage.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your Capital One-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I resolved the issue. I had to FIRST disconnect the capitalone account. Then re-creating the connection got sync to work again.
  • Quicken Jared
    I resolved the issue. I had to FIRST disconnect the capitalone account. Then re-creating the connection got sync to work again.
    Hello @varghese_s

Thank you for taking the chance to check back in with us and let us know how things turned out. I am very happy to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved, and the information about how you seemed to have fixed this problem is especially helpful.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared