Can I manually enter my banking account information for activation?

My bank uses crazy-long account numbers and then adds a 4 digit suffix to identify the type of account it is: -0091 for checking, and 0001 for savings. I have 2 checking accounts and 2 savings accounts, and after my bank upgraded their software the Quicken activation window displays only the suffix (the preceding numbers are asterisks) and seems to load the data from only one of the checking accounts into both of my Quicken registers. I am using Quicken Mac

Answers

• Hello @teemflmngo,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your accounts. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What financial institution are you experiencing this with? Are you receiving any error codes or messages when downloading transactions? Could you please go into more detail regarding the issues you are experiencing and what you require assistance with?

I am looking forward to hearing your response.
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • teemflmngo
    teemflmngo Member
    edited September 9
    My Bank is Heritage Federal Credit Union. I am not receiving any error codes, it is just loading the same data into each checking account. A few months ago, my bank changed its online banking system and I had to reconnect through Quicken. I went through the steps, and it all seemed good (no error messages), but when I went to check my accounts, my "second" account suddenly seemed significantly larger. I looked closer at the transactions and saw that they were all from my "first" checking account. The second account doesn't have a lot of activity, so I let it ride, but now that the summer and travel is over, I wanted to fix things. I've now tried a number of times, and always, my first account information is loaded into both my first and second accounts. [Removed- Privacy] is not actually a part of my account number, but it is showing up in the activation window as such. My hunch is that there is something in my bank's new online banking log-in that is feeding quicken enough of the same numbers that it can't tell the difference...
  • Hello @teemflmngo,

Thank you for providing more information. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Heritage Federal Credit Union accounts to see if the same issue occurs. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup first (just in case). 

Also, please refrain from sharing any personal information in the Community, this includes account numbers, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. This is a public forum and is accessible to anyone with or without an account. 

Let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Jasmine