M&T Bank Connection

Comments

• JWStone
    JWStone Member
    I'm able connect OK - no errors (as long as "bring my payments up to date" is unchecked), BUT I'm not downloading new transactions. The online balances are downloaded - just now transactions.
  • mdjcm
    mdjcm Member ✭✭
    I have been able to get downloads. I worked with Quicken on a chat and was able to connect accounts.
  • jancarpenter
    jancarpenter Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem (M&T bank - converting from Peoples, sadly), and my passcode does not have any special characters (upper and lower case only with a few #'s - 9 digits in total). I enter the info and get the "enter your password" screen with no ability to enter it. This morning (9/11), for the first time, I am getting an "quicken is unable to establish an internet connection" ( i definitely have internet service now) (screenshot attached). Maybe M&T has quicken offline over the weekend to try to fix this? I can provide log files if that helps (just tell me where to send). Thank you.
  • Navahawk
    Navahawk Member
    edited September 11
    I just noticed that No transactions have been coming down from M&T Direct Connect. I have been downloading without problems for years before this. I am using Windows Premiere subscription in a Windows 10 PC and it is fully up to date. There are no special characters in my password. I've deactivated the accounts and when I try to add M&T Direct Connect back I am now getting Error Code [OL-297-A]. My other accounts download without any problems. HELP!!!!!
  • I also started getting that same error code as well. Was working fine on Friday and the error started today
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Navahawk said:
    I just noticed that No transactions have been coming down from M&T Direct Connect. I have been downloading without problems for years before this. I am using Windows Premiere subscription in a Windows 10 PC and it is fully up to date. There are no special characters in my password. I've deactivated the accounts and when I try to add M&T Direct Connect back I am now getting Error Code [OL-297-A]. My other accounts download without any problems. HELP!!!!!
    Hello @Navahawk and @Lostalltogether

I do apologize that you are being affected by this online banking error. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, note that there is an Open Alert regarding M&T Direct Connect and account connectivity issues. You can view the link here for any future updates with respect to this issue. Lastly, have you tried making use of  the steps provided below?

1. Click the Start button and select the Control Panel.
    • In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.

Error When Using Online Services OL-295 OL-296 OL-297 or Unable to Establish an Internet Connection

1. Select Network and Internet, then Internet Options
    2. Go to the Advanced tab.
    3. Scroll down to the Security Section.
    4. Verify TLS 1.2 is checked.
      • If it is not, check it. 
      • If it is already checked, continue to the If the issue persists section below. 
    5. Click Apply then OK.
    6. Try your update in Quicken again.

You may read more about these instructions here.

I look forward to your replies. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I checked and those Windows settings were all correct. Nothing has changed on my computer from the last time it worked.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I checked and those Windows settings were all correct. Nothing has changed on my computer from the last time it worked.
    Hello @Lostalltogether

I do apologize that this problem is continuing. Thank you for keeping in communications with us about this issue. 

You may try these additional steps, given that the problem remains:
    1. Click the Start button and select the Control Panel.
    • In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.

Error When Using Online Services OL-295 OL-296 OL-297 or Unable to Establish an Internet Connection

1. Select Network and Internet... 

...then Internet Options.

1. Select the Privacy tab.
    2. Click on the Advanced button.
    3. If available, check the Override automatic cookie handling option.
    4. Confirm that First-party and Third-party Cookies are both set to Accept.
    5. Press OK, then Apply and OK again.
    6. Close Internet Options and try updating Quicken again.
    If that fails to resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to M&T support about this. It is often most beneficial to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these individuals are more likely to be familiar with third-party applications, like Quicken.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • richteel
    richteel Member
    edited September 12
    [Removed - Rant/Off-Topic]
  • jancarpenter
    jancarpenter Member ✭✭
    9/12 - am still getting the same error message today (see screenshot above). Anyone else getting "OL-297-A Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection"? I set up a new Quicken file and tried to add an M&T account and got the same error message.
  • JAC_CT
    JAC_CT Member
    12 SEPT - I have been getting same error code (OL-297-A). As a People's United Bank customer I followed the instructions provided by M&T to convert my accounts in Quicken and I was able to finally connect and link my 3 accounts to Quicken. That was a week ago. I have been getting the above error ever since. I have tried deactivating several times but still have not been able to connect and download any transactions or balances. Frustrating! I am currently on hold (52 minutes and counting) waiting for M&T customer assistance. Will update when something changes.
  • MakChen
    MakChen Member
    I followed the M&T instructions and then changed password as described in this forum without any success. I was never able to download anything. I continue to get the same error OL-297-A. I would greatly appreciate an update if you get through and find a solution.
  • bpmulroy
    bpmulroy Member
    Getting the same error for the last two days. Had no issues with the People's conversion beforehand. Downloaded data accurately into the correct accounts. Can't find a solution.
  • mdjcm
    mdjcm Member ✭✭
    I was getting that error for a couple days. Everything seems okay now. No help speaking with M&T, but Chatting with Quicken worked. This merger has been .... I've had my quicken account and have gone through multiple mergers with little to no problem. Their latest issue is that your auto transfers between M&T accounts need to be re-added. Another issue they hadn't anticipated??
  • karbok
    karbok Member
    Connection errors persist. OL-297-A errors are preventing updates and also the addition of additional accounts.
  • joekivel
    joekivel Member ✭✭
    Came from Peoples on 9-6. Set up M&T for direct connect successfully and got correct opening balance. Have been unable to connect to M&T with Quicken for the last 5 days. Error message is cannot connect to Financial Institution. Tried to do a reset and got the same unable to connect to financial institution. Deleted Account, closed quicken and added it back as a new account. Attempted to do online setup got error message that Quicken can't connect to M&T. Tried to call M&T multiple times on multiple numbers and like others have reported here, no one will answer. The problem is with M&T Servers. I am stuck doing manual transaction down loads from M&T Web Site and I can't use Quicken to pay bills from M&T. Peoples was reliable. Direct connect worked as it should. They answered the phone quickly and were knowledgeable and helpful. M&T is none of these from my short 6 day experience with them.
  • Louis Matarazzo
    Louis Matarazzo Member ✭✭✭
    Same Issue with no connection, ugh

• Tim5
    Tim5 Member ✭✭
    Getting an OL=297-A. "Cannot establish internet connection" when attempting a One Step Update from M&T.
    Workaround is Export transactions from M&F in QIF format then import that file into Quicken Data File. But I don't want to do that every day. I want One Step Update to work with M&T.
  • Tim5
    Tim5 Member ✭✭
    edited September 12
    Just had a chat with Quicken. They can't get an Internet connection to M&T either. They say it's M&T's server and they , as a third party app., cannot access the server (I understand that) and cannot pick up a phone and solve the problem with M&T IT. ( I don't get that?) Next step? Find a way to get someone at M&T to address the issue. I'm after it.
  • jancarpenter
    jancarpenter Member ✭✭
    I'm going to leave a message with M&T as well conveying the same information. Maybe if enough people complain, they'll get it together.
  • I have also been getting the Error message "Getting an OL=297-A. "Cannot establish internet connection" when attempting a One Step Update from M&T." I was able to set it up on Tuesday after the peoples Bank transition and It was working fine on Friday morning. Then it stopped . I have tried everything Quicken has told me to try and nothing has worked Please fix this
  • JWStone
    JWStone Member
    Different than a on Sunday - now it's completely offline again. M&T stinks - I'm uninpressed.
  • JonQuick20
    JonQuick20 Member ✭✭
    You have to just ignore the instructions from M&T Bank. When adding your account in Quicken, pick "M&T Bank Corporation" and NOT "M&T Bank Direct Connect." You also need a PW without special characters as mentioned above.
  • joekivel
    joekivel Member ✭✭
    While I don't have any real technical knowledge about servers, my opinion is that the M&T Quicken Server is incapable of handling the large increase in online connections caused by Peoples customers connecting to M&T since 9-6. M&T made no provisions for the increased workload in advance of the takeover. What they will do about it is anybody's guess, but I am sure it won't be a quick fix.
  • joekivel
    joekivel Member ✭✭
    JonQuick20 - Yes you can reach the M&T Server that way and do setup, but it doesn't actually do the setup. Still can't download transactions nor use Direct Connect. If you go back into the Online Services tab for the account, it still shows "Set up Now" same as it did before you started.

I think that it connects to M&T Bank Corporation only because there are far less customers attempting to connect this way than M&T Direct Connect.
  • pflipper
    pflipper Member
    I finally managed to talk to some one at M&T and the response was less than helpful. They (M&T) stated they are aware of the problem (for me is started as a OL-301-A and have been the OL-297-A for days now) and are working with Quicken to resolve the issue. As of 5:30 AM Eastern I am still un able to connect. I should say that I was able to get everything set up and working at first with the exception of sending transactions in. Now Quicken is useless and I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the money I've spent. I used this software all the way back to MYM days.
  • I checked and all Windows settings are correct. Nothing has changed on my computer from the last time it worked. Quicken needs to work with M&T Bank to resolve this
  • nonoville
    nonoville Member
    Just FYI, I've had good ole ol-297 for 2 days now with M&T. Seems to happen a lot.
  • Gfactor
    Gfactor Member ✭✭
    > @JAC_CT said:
    > 12 SEPT - I have been getting same error code (OL-297-A). As a People's United Bank customer I followed the instructions provided by M&T to convert my accounts in Quicken and I was able to finally connect and link my 3 accounts to Quicken. That was a week ago. I have been getting the above error ever since. I have tried deactivating several times but still have not been able to connect and download any transactions or balances. Frustrating! I am currently on hold (52 minutes and counting) waiting for M&T customer assistance. Will update when something changes.

same issue here (OL-297-A) on hold last night for over 4 hr with M&T no answer..
  • Gfactor
    Gfactor Member ✭✭
    same issue here (OL-297-A) on hold last night for over 4 hr with M&T no answer..