Not able to add the above account to Quicken for Mac

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited September 8
    mjrome said:
    Not able to add the above account to Quicken for Mac
    Hello @mjrome

I do apologize about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you receiving an error message when trying to add this account? Is the account missing from the screen prompting you to Add or Link to an existing account? We will need some additional information about what is happening when you attempt to add these accounts in order to provide further assistance.

I look forward to seeing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mjrome
    mjrome Member ✭✭
    I try and ADD the account. I select Caesar Rewards Credit Card. I enter my user name and password and then it comes back with an error rather than asking me to Link. The error says, "The Website may be down...(I checked and it isn't) and at the bottom is says, "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE:FDP-105).
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @mjrome I can't offer any specific help regarding this specific credit card, but I thought I'd offer one note of clarification. When you say you checked the website and it's working, you should be aware that with many financial institutions, the consumer-facing website you connect to is usually not the same one Quicken connects to for downloading transactions. And many financial institutions block Quicken and other third-party applications from connecting at times for a variety of reasons, from maintenance to lightening their server's load. And if they have a back-end server for third-parties like Quicken, they may have moved to a server with a slightly different URL, without notifying Quicken (Intuit) of the change. So the message that the website isn't available is likely correct in terms of Quicken connecting — but it doesn't give us as consumers any real insight into what's actually changed at the financial institution that is causing Quicken not to be able to connect.

It's also usually a good idea to contact Quicken Support (not just this community website) to report an outage if the financial institution isn't one of the top tier ones (e.g. Chase, Citi, Amex, Bank fo America, etc.); Intuit may not even be aware of the problem until people report it to Quicken and their support people escalate the issue to the team at Intuit.

As for the Caesar Rewards Credit Card, hopefully one of the Quicken moderators will post here if this is a known problem they are already tracking.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993