Still: Problems downloading Discover Card transactions (MacBook Pro)

FirenzeGrrl
FirenzeGrrl Member ✭✭
Hi Folks,

I find many closed conversations about this issue. My problems have not automatically resolved, as they have for some.

I'm on a MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.5.1, and my Quicken auto-updates. In June I had trouble with Discover not downloading anything; no transactions, no balance updates, nada!

I've tried created a duplicate account, but not a test file with a new connection. What else can I try? Is this a known bug, and is the fix rolling out slowly or something? Not sure why others' problems are fixed but mine isn't.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Hi Folks,

I find many closed conversations about this issue. My problems have not automatically resolved, as they have for some.

I'm on a MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.5.1, and my Quicken auto-updates. In June I had trouble with Discover not downloading anything; no transactions, no balance updates, nada!

I've tried created a duplicate account, but not a test file with a new connection. What else can I try? Is this a known bug, and is the fix rolling out slowly or something? Not sure why others' problems are fixed but mine isn't.
    Hello @FirenzeGrrl,       

I am sorry to hear about this ongoing problem with account downloads. Thank you for reaching out to us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Just so I am clear: you have not created a test file prior to this conversation? Be sure to click the green Clear Filters button whenever it appears just above the register in order to remove any active filters that may be obscuring new transactions. You may also try clicking on the box containing the word Date at the top of the associated column in the register, itself, in order to change the sort order; this may reveal hidden transactions. 

If you are noticing this same issue across multiple financial institutions, even after using the instructions above, you can try restoring from a backup saved prior to when this problem emerged by navigating to File > Restore from Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. We recommend saving backups often by navigating to the same menu and selecting File > Save a Backup... 

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • FirenzeGrrl
    FirenzeGrrl Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your quick reply Jared,

I have multiple backups, and have autosaving backups enabled (whatever the term is). It's not a sort issue, nor a filter issue. I'll show you the error code I see.

Huh, now I see the error still, but the transactions are there. I'll have to do several months' worth of bookkeeping to make sure it's right, but this aspect does seem to be working.

In any case, the error message persists. Here's a screenshot. (Also references my other query, re: mortgage loan being sold and no longer in the list of institutions)
  • FirenzeGrrl
    FirenzeGrrl Member ✭✭
    Here's that screenshot. (Tricky that the only interaction here is drag-n-drop, but without any feedback!)
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Here's that screenshot. (Tricky that the only interaction here is drag-n-drop, but without any feedback!)
    Hello @FirenzeGrrl

I am sorry that this issue is still ongoing. I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me with more information about what is happening, and for providing that helpful screenshot. 

First, save a backup, then try proceeding through the instructions provided below: 
    1. Deactivate each account associated with this financial institution (Open the account register and navigate to the Settings-gear on the bottom-right > click the Downloads tab > click Disconnect Account)
    2. Quit Quicken
    3. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    4. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    5. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    6. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    7. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated (if there are more than one account type then choose Checking)
    8. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    9. Wait for the list to finish updating and " Updated: " displays the current date.
    10. Click the Show List button to continue
    11. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    12. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    13. If the accounts have been found successfully - use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account name you have set up in Quicken
    Let us know about the results of these instructions, if you can. We can also discuss the error featured in the screenshot you provided regarding Edmands Mortgage once these steps have been implemented.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared