Does Citizens bank support downloads or not?

Earlier this summer, I received a letter from Citizens Bank of PA (based on Rhode Island) that they were no longer going to support transaction downloads through Quicken, and that henceforth, Quicken users would need to download transactions from their website. So I disconnected my Quicken downloads from them, and started downloading manually (humph, not happy!). Each time, I'd be prompted in Quicken to set up automatic downloads from Citizens, saying they were available. Each time, I dismissed them. Well now it's been months, and I continue to get prompted by Quicken to re-establish automatic downloads. So which is it? Is Citizens pulling the plug on automatic downloads or aren't they?

Comments

• Hello @TonyB

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

Which instance of Citizens Bank are you using?  

If your financial institution has notified you of a change, you should contact them for more information. We recommend requesting to speak to a supervisor or a tier 2 agent as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • sstowe
    sstowe Member ✭✭
    I just contacted Citizens. She was not very helpful/knowledgable. But the takeaway is, despite the fact that one can still initiate a download for a new account from within Quicken, they do not support continued download of transactions that way. You must download from the citizen website which creates a new account. Not a fan. I have confirmed this behavior within my Quicken instance. I am not a Quicken or Citizens employee but a regular user. So take this as you may.