Issue with USAA Account Setup

Sam Nova
Sam Nova Member
I'm trying to add my Checking and Saving account from USAA to quicken. I have the Access ID and Access PIN. After entering the information I get the following information from the connection attempt: "There are no accounts to setup at USAA". I am running Mac version of Quicken Deluxe with latest updates.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Sam Nova said:
    I'm trying to add my Checking and Saving account from USAA to quicken. I have the Access ID and Access PIN. After entering the information I get the following information from the connection attempt: "There are no accounts to setup at USAA". I am running Mac version of Quicken Deluxe with latest updates.
    Hello @Sam Nova

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, which 'instance' of USAA are you selecting when you are in the Add Checking Account screen? Does the URL provided in the right-hand side of that screen match the one you use to log into your online banking profile with USAA? Lastly, do you know what Connection Type you are attempting to connect with? You might be able to locate this by clicking on the Options button in the lower left-hand side of the screen? 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this, and I hope to provide further advice, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sam Nova
    Sam Nova Member
    USAA Federal Savings Bank (https://www.usaa.com/).

How should Quicken Connect? Quicken Connnect
  • Quicken Jared
    Sam Nova said:
    USAA Federal Savings Bank (https://www.usaa.com/).

How should Quicken Connect? Quicken Connnect
    Hello @Sam Nova,    

Thanks for answering my earlier questions about this issue. I apologize about this problem continuing. 

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your USAA affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. Note that you may see the OLB error messages described here and here.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sam Nova
    Sam Nova Member
    Won’t clicking on “Start from scratch” wipe all the other working accounts?
  • Quicken Jared
    Sam Nova said:
    Won’t clicking on “Start from scratch” wipe all the other working accounts?
    Hello @Sam Nova,  

Thanks for seeking further clarification. I am sorry for any confusion my earlier recommendations may have caused. 

In this case, you will be creating a separate data file, so the information in your original data file should remain untouched. Furthermore, saving a backup will provide us with a way to restore the original by navigating to File > Restore from Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I hope that explains these steps better.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sam Nova
    Sam Nova Member
    I followed your instructions, did the create from scratch method. Every time I enter the Access ID and Access PIN I get "You have no accounts at USAA Federal Savings Bank to activate". I have a Checking and Savings account. I'm using the website https://www.usaa.com to access my login.

Email I got from the USAA side
    --------------------------
    Quicken Connected to Your USAA Account
    Notification

Dear Jeff Ball,

Quicken has been connected to your USAA account. To manage what apps are connected to your account, view your USAA Profile.

<view USAA Profile>

Thank you,
    USAA
    Quicken has been connected to your USAA account. To manage what apps are connected to your account, view your USAA Profile.
  • Quicken Jared
    Sam Nova said:
    I followed your instructions, did the create from scratch method. Every time I enter the Access ID and Access PIN I get "You have no accounts at USAA Federal Savings Bank to activate". I have a Checking and Savings account. I'm using the website https://www.usaa.com to access my login.

Email I got from the USAA side
    --------------------------
    Quicken Connected to Your USAA Account
    Notification

Dear Jeff Ball,

<view USAA Profile>

Thank you,
    USAA
    Hello @Sam Nova,  

Thank you so much for getting back to me about the results of trying to connect your accounts in that test file. I am sorry to hear about this problem continuing.

Given the nature of this issue, and this message you are receiving, I recommend reaching out to USAA support with respect to this problem. It can often be most beneficial to request to speak with 'Tier 2' representatives or escalations teams, as these individuals are most likely to have familiarity with third-party applications, such as Quicken.

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared