People's United/M&T merger

elkodsi
elkodsi Member ✭✭
I am an old People's United bank customer, which was merged into M&T on Sept 6. Since that date, I am unable to access my M&T accounts in Quicken. I have tried reconnecting, adding new accounts, but still having a Direct Connection error. I have disconnected both checking and money market accounts, and attempted to connect, and attempted to add the accounts. The accounts will link to Quicken, but they are not able to communicate with Direct Connect. dialog box shows that quicken cannot communicate with M&T Bank Direct Connect. OFX error #-1. Help please!

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You should probably contact Quicken Support about this. The people on this site can offer suggestions for various issues, but we don;'t have insight into the state of connectivity issues. I'm sorry to say that bank mergers often take awhile to get sorted out by the acquiring bank, and Quicken connectivity is frequently a low priority among all the changes they are implementing. Quicken Support can document that the connection doesn't work and escalate this to their connectivity supplier, Intuit; how long it will take the bank to provide connectivity to Intuit, or Intuit to upgrade their programming to match the new bank, is unknown.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • elkodsi
    elkodsi Member ✭✭
    Thanks very much; I have reached out to Quicken Support, they're aware of the issue and working on a fix. Hoping that someone in the Community might have come across this situation, and have a solution. The bank basically told me it's a Quicken issue, not theirs. Very disappointed.
  • elkodsi
    elkodsi Member ✭✭
    Having a different error with quicken now. Instead of an error with trying to download data, Quicken is not able to communicate with M&T at all.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    elkodsi said:
    Having a different error with quicken now. Instead of an error with trying to download data, Quicken is not able to communicate with M&T at all.
    Hello @elkodsi

I apologize to hear about the emergence of this new problem. Thank you for getting back to us to let us know about what is happening, now.

Unfortunately, if updates or account downloads are not working, and the instance being used to try to connect is M&T Direct Connect, it will be necessary to reach out to M&T support. I recommend requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these individuals are most likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken. Let us know if you are now making use of a different instance to link your accounts, however.

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared