Using Quicken Budget in Windows

I have a current 2022 budget. Now circumstances changed. I need to adjust the expenditures for the balance of 2022 and (part of or ) all 2023. I want to SEE the full 2022 ( and 2023) budgets, monthly, quarterly annually. But I cannot get beyond the current date and thus NOT SEE anything of the impact of the budget adjustments being considered. CAN this be done WITHIN QUICKEN

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't change too much in the Budget tab other than just show budgets rather than Budget, Actual and Balance.  You can use the selections below to just show the budget:

The only other thing you can do is work with the Budget reports.  You can show quarterly or annual amounts and even do a multiple year range (but you can only use one budget year at a time).  Probably not exactly what you want but maybe you will find them useful.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    First question is what version of Quicken are you using (Starter, Deluxe, Premier or HBR)?

Assuming you are not using Starter, on the planning tab if you are not using "Annual View" (top left selector) switch to that instead of "Graph View".  You should then see all of 2022 in a monthly tabular format.  If you want to see 2023 hit the right arrow to the right of the box where it says "Annual View".  If you don't already have a budget for 2023 it will extend your current budget to 2023 giving you a few choices on how to create the new budget.  
  • BeDutch
    BeDutch Member ✭✭
    I am using Premier. When I go - as I understand you suggest - to the graph mode, I do indeed see the current month, and can scroll to future months. That is great! Thanks. BUT no total for any of those months, and still not a "20,000 feet perspective" on what my year looks like in 12 monthly or 4 quarterly ( and totaled ) columns Would it be possible to create such comprehensive view? I think it would be very useful.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't change too much in the Budget tab other than just show budgets rather than Budget, Actual and Balance.  You can use the selections below to just show the budget:

The only other thing you can do is work with the Budget reports.  You can show quarterly or annual amounts and even do a multiple year range (but you can only use one budget year at a time).  Probably not exactly what you want but maybe you will find them useful.
  • BeDutch
    BeDutch Member ✭✭
    Thanks bmciance, I'll struggle on with what I can - with your comments - do. It unfortunately means I have to use Quicken to export to Excel, to generate the kind of report/insight which I need. Hopefully someone @ Quicken reads these posts and raises improved use of budget and cashflow functionality on the enhancement development list