Memorized payees still being overwritten / disappearing

Albertus
Albertus Member
My memorized payee entries are becoming overwritten or deleted in the process of using them in the registers. I checked on this problem in the community, and this post came up: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910838/why-does-the-memorized-payee-list-keep-getting-overwritten

However, that's the thing: I have been locking all of these memorized payees when I create them! They are still being modified. Is this a bug? I don't know what else to do. It's extremely frustrating because I'm using Quicken with another person in my community who is less tech-savvy and the reason I set these up is to try to make things easier on him. (He's not the cause, BTW: He has no idea how to get to the memorized payees and unlock them.)

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited September 14
    Albertus said:
    My memorized payee entries are becoming overwritten or deleted in the process of using them in the registers. I checked on this problem in the community, and this post came up: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910838/why-does-the-memorized-payee-list-keep-getting-overwritten

However, that's the thing: I have been locking all of these memorized payees when I create them! They are still being modified. Is this a bug? I don't know what else to do. It's extremely frustrating because I'm using Quicken with another person in my community who is less tech-savvy and the reason I set these up is to try to make things easier on him. (He's not the cause, BTW: He has no idea how to get to the memorized payees and unlock them.)
    Hello @Albertus,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with unexpected changes taking place in your Memorized Payees. I thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the current active data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

If the file is located on your computer, and you are noticing this issue with multiple accounts and/or financial institutions, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... then try these instructions, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

• Navigate to File
      • Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
      • Select Super Validate File
      • Click OK
      • Close the Data Log
      • Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
      • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared