Chase Bank and EWC+ downloading Duplicate Cleared Transactions

denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
My 1st Connection using Quicken to Chase bank AFTER I re-Authorized my Accts to EWC+...Not Good!

Anyone that is using EWC+...and experienced Duplicate Cleared downloaded Transactions at the same Connection....was it just one time?  It continues?  Known Fix?  

Comments

• psmith
    psmith Member ✭✭
    The new Chase connection downloads over 100 transactions which I have already entered. it appears that I have to match each, one at a time. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!. Thank goodness I back up my data daily. Does anyone have a solution to this?
  • TexMike
    TexMike Member ✭✭
    Hot mess. Authorized with Chase no problem. Accounts linked properly. I have Chase checking and two Chase credit cards. When Chase transactions download with One Step Update about a dozen or so duplicate transactions (already processed and reconciled) download again into the registers waiting to be accepted. Some of the duplicate transactions go back to July 2022. To fix, I have to take each duplicate transaction in the downloaded transaction section and delete them one by one. Like others, pending transactions also downloaded. Hope this whole Chase migration mess gets corrected quickly.
  • psmith
    psmith Member ✭✭
    I restored Quicken with a backup. Eighty-three days of transactions downloaded every time that I started fresh. Too much effort to compare each transaction individually. I have only one Chase account. If this does not change I will just post transactions manually and compare to my Chase account.online. The only difference will be that I will have to go to Chase.com daily. I could manually reconcile the account daily or go back to balancing to the monthly statement.
  • am7315
    am7315 Member ✭✭
    I tried reauthorizing my chase accounts after the latest software update r43.26 everything seem to go fine but when I went to download my transaction i downloaded transactions that had already been reconciled from months and years ago. What is going on here. Why do I pay for a yearly subscriptions?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited September 18
    am7315 said:
    I tried reauthorizing my chase accounts after the latest software update r43.26 everything seem to go fine but when I went to download my transaction i downloaded transactions that had already been reconciled from months and years ago. What is going on here. Why do I pay for a yearly subscriptions?
    Hello @am7315,  

I am sorry to hear about this issue with reconciled transactions. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Just so I am clear about the details of the situation: are transactions being duplicated in your account register, and is this happening in accounts associated with Chase, exclusively? If so, have you already switched your accounts using the steps listed in this Support Article?

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • am7315
    am7315 Member ✭✭
    Yes I am receiving Duplicate transactions in just my chase accounts. And yes I tried switching my accounts using the steps listed the support article.
  • TexMike
    TexMike Member ✭✭
    My Chase duplicate transaction issue resolved itself; Don't know why or how, but I'm glad. For the past two days updates to Chase accounts have not duplicated entered transactions in my registers. Keep you posted...
  • psmith
    psmith Member ✭✭
    I tried this again today. It downloaded 3 transactions which had been previously downloaded, cleared and reconciled. I can handle 3 duplicate transactions. If future downloads work as they should, which I expect will be the case, all is well.
  • CampbellSteve
    CampbellSteve Member ✭✭
    After struggling with the Chase conversion to EWC+ for several days, I was finally able to download transactions. Unfortunately, it downloaded 100+ transaction that were flagged as "NEW" but were actually duplicates of old "RECONCILED" register entries. The good news is I do not have downloaded transactions automatically entered into the register, so I was able to "delete" them from the downloaded list. Automatic register entry would have created a complete MESS.

> @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @am7315,  
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about this issue with reconciled transactions. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > Just so I am clear about the details of the situation: are transactions being duplicated in your account register, and is this happening in accounts associated with Chase, exclusively? If so, have you already switched your accounts using the steps listed in this Support Article?
    >
    > I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Jared asked if this is happening exclusively with Chase. My experience is NO. It also happened with Vanguard, Fidelity, T. Rowe Price & Wells Fargo.

I have 3 investment accounts at Vanguard & last night all of them downloaded 100+ transactions. Some of the transactions were flagged as MATCH and did in fact match old reconciled transactions. (I suspect these transactions were originally entered manually & then reconciled after receiving my monthly statement.) If I accepted these MATCH transactions, the status of the matching register entry was changed from RECONCILED to CLEARED & hopefully will change back when I reconcile my next statement.

Similar thing happened with Fidelity & T. Rowe Price investment accounts, but the number of transactions was significantly smaller (1-3) and therefore much easier to deal with.

For several years, I have logged on the Wells Fargo and pushed transactions out to Quicken because Wells Fargo wanted to charge for Direct Connect & I'm not willing to pay for it. For those not familiar with this process, Wells asks for a date range to download with the default being the last 3 months. I have always used the default & Quicken always filtered them correctly, showing only those that match manually entered transactions and the occasional NEW one (monthly Interest payment I wasn't aware of). Last night Quicken failed to filter the transactions and showed the entire 3 months worth. As with the investment accounts, the vast majority of them were flagged as NEW but actually matched old reconciled transactions. Once again I was very glad I do not have Quicken automatically enter downloaded transactions & I was able to delete them from the download list.

Another change/difference I noticed was that in all cases when I deleted the last bogus downloaded transaction, the transaction list window just closed. In the past, the "Finish Later" button would change to a "Done" button giving you an opportunity to re-check the list and then click "Done". The new behavior is similar to what used to happen if you used the "Accept All" button. A single click & you're done.

I am hoping that this duplicate transition problem is a "one time issue" and the problem will resolve itself (as some users have indicated). Unfortunately, I have lost all faith in this release of Quicken & don't even want to try another download until I hear something positive from Quicken.

I have been a faithful Quicken user since the late 1980s and this release R43.26 is the worst disaster I have ever seen. What happened? Did the entire QA team quit or go on vacation?
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭
    edited September 23
    Chase Direct Connect Bank Bill Pay, Windows
    Reauthorized this morning.
    So far the experience was a lot easier than feared. One checking and 3 CC were moved with two duplicates, the last item in both one credit card and the checking.

But what was interesting and unexpected is that all my payment reminders not yet updated from 'on line payee 'were changed to simple reminders. Makes sense but doesn't seem to appear in any of the release notes.
    Now will have to wait until I start making payment through the website to see how it goes.
  • ysg26
    ysg26 Member ✭✭
    The Chase credit card account keeps duplicating dozens of previously cleared transactions every day even though they have been matched the previous download. I had to DISABLE the Chase account to be able to keep using Quicken
  • CampbellSteve
    CampbellSteve Member ✭✭
    My duplicate transaction issues from multiple institutions cleared itself after the initial near disaster. I've also updated Quicken to R43.32 which specifically addresses the issue with Chase.
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭
    edited September 24
    Chase Direct Connect Bank Bill Pay, Windows R43.32
    Sadly, my first download after yesterday's had current transactions for checking and CC. But was also littered with old, cleared transactions all about a month old. The dates were close, but not the actual downloaded date. Having learned long ago not to automatically accept anything downloaded, my registers remain intact. But the inability to screen previously cleared transactions cause problems for all.

Not fixing this issue quickly will certainly undermine the trust and usefulness of Quicken.
  • Art149
    Art149 Member
    I completed the Chase authorization for EWC a week ago. Fortunately I have only a single credit card account with Chase. My download update with EWC a week ago included dozens of transactions previously downloaded with Direct Connect, many over months ago. I took that as a one time issue and eliminated the duplicates. Then today's download had the same issue; twenty transactions that were also in last weeks download after switch to EWC. So issue remains.
    Another minor issue: After change from Direct Connect the Chase entry in Quicken's Accounts List has a link saying "Improve Connection" which takes to steps to use Direct Connect.
    Lots of fixing to be done at Quicken & CHase!