customize asset class of a security

The Alabama College Counts 529 plan has "funds" that are a collection of publicly traded mutual funds. For example, the Age-Based Aggressive Ages 19+ fund is actually:

9% - Vanguard Cash Reserves Federal Money Market Fund (VMRXX)
35% - Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund (VBMFX)
and so forth.

While I don't own these mutual funds outright, the underlying asset mixture of my 529 plan's Age-Based Aggressive Ages 19+ does. I manually keep track of the price, however it would be nice if Quicken were to allow me to specify percentages of underlying publicly traded funds in order to allow me to properly track the underlying asset classes as part of my overall financial portfolio.

Link to Alabama College Counts 529 investments:

https://www.collegecounts529.com/performance/age-based-aggressive-ages-19/?feestruct=All&option=NAV

Thank you,
Paul c.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken allows you to specify the asset class breakdown of a fund. What about its existing ability to do so fails to satisfy your needs?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do this now. 

Edit Security Details, 
    If checked, uncheck the box about downloading asset class information.  That box should not be currently checked since you security is not a publicly traded security, but just in case.
    Click the Define box next to the Mixture radio button and set however you choose.