Adding a New Account

Larry1212
Larry1212 Member ✭✭
Hi,
I have two existing accounts at my bank. I want to add a new account at this same bank.
When I go through the Add An Account process I get to a screen where it asks if I want to link Account 1 (existing account), Account 2 (existing account), and Account 3 (new account) to Quicken. That is, it asks if I want to link the two EXISTING accounts to Quicken, plus the new account.
I can understand the new account, but for the two existing accounts should I pick Link With Quicken or Don't Link With Quicken? After all, the two existing accounts are ALREADY linked, so I don't know if I should say to link them again.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Larry1212 said:
    Hi,
    I have two existing accounts at my bank. I want to add a new account at this same bank.
    When I go through the Add An Account process I get to a screen where it asks if I want to link Account 1 (existing account), Account 2 (existing account), and Account 3 (new account) to Quicken. That is, it asks if I want to link the two EXISTING accounts to Quicken, plus the new account.
    I can understand the new account, but for the two existing accounts should I pick Link With Quicken or Don't Link With Quicken? After all, the two existing accounts are ALREADY linked, so I don't know if I should say to link them again.
    Hello @Larry1212,    

I am sorry for any confusion regarding the process of updating accounts. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

If the two accounts have already been created and are currently linked in the application, it would be best to choose not the 'Link with Quicken' option. This could create duplicate accounts and cause issues with future downloads. Choose to link only the third account when this option is provided - and to ignore the others - in order to avoid this. 

I hope that clarifies the matter. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared