Alliant Credit Union accounts periodically stop downloading transactions fixable?

Began seeing a pattern in 1Q2022 where transactions stop downloading at or near the end of the month. One Step Update and Update now run and show a new date stamp on the download record and do not throw any errors in the Update Summary. When I export a QFX file from the financial institution's web site, I see the "missing" transactions in that file.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    delu723 said:
    Began seeing a pattern in 1Q2022 where transactions stop downloading at or near the end of the month. One Step Update and Update now run and show a new date stamp on the download record and do not throw any errors in the Update Summary. When I export a QFX file from the financial institution's web site, I see the "missing" transactions in that file.
    Hello @delu723

I am sorry about this issue with downloading and importing QFX files. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, am I right in understanding that the files seem to download from the banking institution's website, but will not import successfully in Quicken? Also, what financial institution is associated with the affected account(s); is there more than one? 

I look forward to hearing your replies.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • delu723
    delu723 Member ✭✭
  • delu723
    delu723 Member ✭✭
    Importing the QFX file brings the data into a new account and not the existing account. After about 10 - 14 days into the month, sometimes downloads start working again. I engaged Quicken Support earlier this month and the Deactivate/Connect remediation worked for a checking account.
  • delu723
    delu723 Member ✭✭
    I should put a caveat on the "Deactivate/Connect remediation worked for a checking account" observation. While working thru this remediation, including acceptance of downloaded transactions and reconciliation of those transactions in the account to the online account balance, the reconciled beginning balance for the account, created in Quicken in 2002, was changed. It's an ongoing issue and I now record account beginning balances so that I can quickly remediate when this occurs.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    delu723 said:
    Importing the QFX file brings the data into a new account and not the existing account. After about 10 - 14 days into the month, sometimes downloads start working again. I engaged Quicken Support earlier this month and the Deactivate/Connect remediation worked for a checking account.
    Hello @delu723

I do apologize about this problem with QFX files automatically being relocated to new accounts within the program. Thank you for explaining the problem in greater detail for me.

First, when you navigate to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen, do the affected accounts show the words, 'Web Connect' listed under the Transaction Download column? When you click the Edit button in the row associated with one of these accounts and navigate to the General tab, do all of the Account Numbers, Customer IDs, and Routing Numbers (if included) appearing correctly?

Lastly, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Alliant Credit Union-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error message occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I hope to hear more from you about your results, if you have the opportunity to check back in with us about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • delu723
    delu723 Member ✭✭
    The affected accounts show the words 'Express Web Connect' listed under the Transaction Download column.
    The Account Numbers and Routing Numbers are obfuscated, only showing the "dash" number for the Account and blank for the Routing Number. The Customer IDs are correct.
    The "New Quicken file" troubleshooting step has been done a couple of times under the direction of Quicken Customer support. Each time, the initial test passes. However, the symptoms show up inconsistently and generally take several weeks of activity to arise again. I have not attempted to maintain a test file over several weeks or months in order to experience a re-occurrence of the issue.