Wells Fargo Advisors not downloading detailed investment transactions

rotygolf
rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Wells Fargo Advisors is not downloading detailed transactions. It instead downloads "Buy Mutual Fund" instead of details on which mutual fund and shares that were purchased. This started when Quicken changed the connection method with Wells Fargo. How do you fix it?

[Screenshot edited for Privacy]

Comments

• Hello @rotygolf

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the details of your Wells Fargo transactions. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Wells Fargo Advisors account(s) to see if it produces the same details regarding the transactions. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Quicken Jasmine, I did what you requested and created a Test file as you outlined above. I added Wells Fargo Advisors investment account and it created 4 accounts that I have with them. As you can see from the images that I have attached, it still downloaded a withdrawl as "Buy Mutual Fund Div Reinvestment". The second image shows something similar for a Withdrawl as "Buy Stock Dividend Reinvest" which is not correct.

• Hello @rotygolf

Thank you for attempting the test file and for providing more information. 

Due to the same issues occurring in the test file as in the main file, I suggest reaching out to Wells Fargo Advisors for further support. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Jasmine, Are you telling me that other users are not reporting this same problem? I can't be the only one.
  • chez
    chez Member ✭✭
    I have been experiencing the same problem for months :(
    What is the resolution ????
  • I have had the same problem for several months as well. No investment detail is downloaded when I use OneStep Update.
    If I download transactions from the Wells Fargo site and import them, the detail shows up just fine.
    I would much rather be able to use OneStep Update as it updates all of my other accounts at the same time.
  • MinneEm
    MinneEm Member
    I just started having this issue also. The download information is generic instead of including the investment details.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MinneEm

Can you give us some more information that will help us to help you?

Which version of Quicken are you currently running, and when did you last update to that version? (You can get that information by going to "Help" > "About Quicken" )

When you say the download information is "generic" - can you be more specific about what is being downloaded?  Are you seeing complete data or perhaps only parts of a transaction?  Are the number of shares in a transaction missing?

Any additional information will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MinneEm
    Are you seeing a dashboard with 4 big squares instead of your investment transactions? That would indicate that a recent update switched your account to Simple investing mode. Other users have reported this as well.

You can fix this. Click the gear at the top right, pick Edit account details, and select Complete in the Tracking Method box.

Then if you don't want to use Simple mode for any of your accounts and to help prevent this from happening again, go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and un-check the Enable Simple Investing box.

Please let us know if that was your issue.

QWin Premier subscription
  • rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    @Jim_Harman

Jim, Simple investing is not the problem. My account detail shows Complete-Positions and Transactions selected. Wells Fargo is reporting "Investment Income" in the transactions register without the details on which stock/mutual fund/ETF reported the income in the account. It also shows "Buy Mutual Fund" but not the details.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rotygolf,

Please see my post above and this post as well.  Your problem may be related to the version of Quicken that you are running.  Many other users are seeing similar problems.

I suggest that you revert to a prior version - R44.28 -  by following these steps:

1) Backup your Quicken datafile;
    2) Close out of Quicken; then copy the Link below and paste it into your browser

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.44.28MPatch.EXE?_ics=1668880738587&irclickid=~fe79Z649572XY5X2459d6XY36Y459cb5-ebgh9~21VNMKFzvojf8

3) This will start the download of Quicken version 44.28 to your computer.
    4) Once the download of has completed - locate it (likely in your Downloads file). The filename is "QW27.1.44.28MPatch";
    5) Double click on it to install the download and once completed, restart Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups and/or tell me how that all went.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    @Frankx I had already reverted to 44.28 because of the mismatch in security comparison issue. The problem persists with Wells Fargo even with 44.28. Not sure why Wells Fargo is not downloading security detail.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rotygolf

Please do me a favor - "double check" that you are still on version R44.28 by going to > Help > About Quicken.  

Frankx

• rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    @Frankx  Yes I'm still running R44.28

This discussion has been closed.