Sort and Hide accounts in Move Transaction dropdown

I've been using Quicken for years so my list of closed and hidden accounts is pretty long. When I go to move a transaction to another account (because i mistakenly logged it into the wrong one), The list of accounts to chose from includes all my hidden ones. Also the list is not sorted. My idea is to sort the list and not include hidden/closed accounts (or have a checkbox on the little popup window that defaults to not including them but letting someone check it to include them if they want to.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is odd. My list is in alphabetical order and includes Separate accounts but does not include hidden ones.

What some people do for account selection in reports, a similar situation, is to change the names of unused accounts so they begin with an X and thus sort to the end of the list.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving “a transaction”, you should be able rt-click on the transaction, choose Cut or Copy, switch to the correct account and paste it in. I believe that works reliably in both investment accounts and non-investment accounts. 

Moving multiple non-investment transactions I find the list implicitly grouped by account type and then alphabetically. For moving investment transactions, I see the list of investment accounts sorted alphabetically.