School First Credit Union

Bank accounts will not update now for two days following recent Quicken update.

Comments

• Hello @CarlKlerc

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Schools First Credit Union account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    I will try this when I have more time. I think this is a problem on the Quicken end however. You may want to look into if others are having issues with updates. This always occurs after your Quicken updates.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited October 2022
    Hello @CarlKerc,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to update or connect to your accounts?

Thank you!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • sd75mac
    sd75mac Member
    I'm having the same issue! The message is:Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault) Try again. Not very happy with Quicken, after every update the same issue!
  • sd75mac
    sd75mac Member
    Jasmine - Just tried your suggestion, same results as above.
  • RBLeggett12
    RBLeggett12 Member ✭✭
    > @sd75mac said:
    > I'm having the same issue! The message is:Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault) Try again. Not very happy with Quicken, after every update the same issue!

Having same issue. Been unable to sync transactions for 3-4 days.
  • pattydog
    pattydog Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue on Window 10. The error message is, "We encountered an error. (it's not your fault) Try again." This has been going on for nearly a week. It is near the end of the month when a lot of banking transactions are required. Please provide an update. Thank you.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on a resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    Just updated today with Quicken update. No longer can download transactions with Schools first Federal Credit Union or Citibank.
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    Schools first was working OK until today when I applied the new Quicken update. Now I can no longer download transactions.
  • RBLeggett12
    RBLeggett12 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    It's been 2 weeks since I've been able to download transactions from my bank. There have been different errors during that time but currently its been CC-502 for a couple days. :(
  • Hello @RBLeggett12,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding Schools First FCU users experiencing online banking errors which could be contributing to the errors and issues that you have been experiencing. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • algee99
    algee99 Member ✭✭
    This was supposed to be resolved per this alert (on 11/19/2022) https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7922748/new-10-28-22-schools-first-cu-fdp-106-506/p1?new=1

It is NOT resolved. I'm getting the same error today, but it did work for 1 day!
  • algee99
    algee99 Member ✭✭
    Quick follow-up, the error is CC-506, that one of my accounts is not recognized. I haven't changed anything since yesterday, and it worked fine, for 1 day after the issue was marked as resolved.
  • RBLeggett12
    RBLeggett12 Member ✭✭
    After being unable to download transactions for 2 weeks, it worked for a couple days and now it's not working again. CC-502 is the error.
  • RBLeggett12
    RBLeggett12 Member ✭✭
    After 2 weeks of not being able to download transactions, it worked for a couple days and now it's not working again. CC-502 is the error
  • Ptherv
    Ptherv Member ✭✭
    For about two weeks now, I have been having trouble updating my Schools First FCU accounts. I keep receiving the message that my accounts seem to be closed or renamed. It takes multiple attempts to download the transactions, but eventually they do. Then, the next time I attempt to update, I get the same error message again. I've reset, then deactivated and reactivated the accounts several times, but the problem persists.
  • RBLeggett12
    RBLeggett12 Member ✭✭
    Still experiencing cc-502 issues. I've reset the connection multiple times. It may work for a day then stops working.
  • Hello @Ptherv

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    Still having trouble getting my downloads from Schools First. I called the bank and they said the problem is on Quickens end. I am not sure why I am paying a yearly subscription for this continuous problem. Every time Quicken does an update I lose the connection to my bank This is getting old.
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on a resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

The download issues with my bank have been continuous for the past year. All since Quicken was taken over by the new company. Also I used to be able to connect to my mortgage company to download transactions. No longer available. Again why am I paying the annual subscription???
  • Hello everyone,

I am sorry that you are still being affected by these issues. Thank you for speaking to us about this here on the Quicken Community.

If this is ongoing, it is recommended reaching out to Quicken Support using the link provided here. They will need to document and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them. I wish we could provide more assistance from the Quicken Community but in this case, Support's efforts will be necessary.

I hope that this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • lanaraemac
    lanaraemac Member ✭✭
    Same old problem, yet again, for me too. Error CC - 502. For weeks and weeks, sometimes downloading transactions works, sometimes it doesn't. Today, it doesn't! Is this really a bank issue? Or, a Quicken issue? Inquiring minds would like to know.
  • mark1130
    mark1130 Member
    I am having the same problem today. There was no problem yesterday with the transactions update. I noticed this happens from time to time. The bank may be serving the server today. I use a Windows Quicken Deluxe Subscription version. I am presently using Windows 10
  • algee99
    algee99 Member ✭✭
    I went through a chat session with quicken support yesterday. Solid cc-502 communication error with School's First, no matter what we did. Even using a new data file, and even using a fake username and password still got the cc-502 error.

The issue was escalated to higher level of support and I was told I'd receive updates via email.

I didn’t get an issue number so can't look it up.
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Quicken worked better when it was non-subscription. I am not sure what I'm paying for. They are really looking lost on CC-502 error.
  • algee99
    algee99 Member ✭✭
    Update of the day:
    Quicken support says that Schools First is blocking the updating and downloading of data to Quicken. There is no date/time for resolution of this issue. Please try updating your accounts at a later date.

Isn't that helpful?

Called Schools First FCU to ask if they are aware of the issue. I didn't get to talk to their quicken team because their cust support is quite busy, so I don't know what they know.

While waiting on hold, I tried updating again, and it worked. I got my transaction downloads, except for the account I had tried to reset a few days ago. That account no longer has online download enabled, because that's what Quicken does when it can't connect to do a reset. It just removes the online access information for that account.

So, I tried to enable it, and after giving my login credentials to quicken for the Schools First account, I get the, by now familiar, CC-502 communication error.

Tried updating the accounts that worked a few minutes ago, and they still connect and download with no errors. Just can't add that last account that got messed up when Quicken couldn't connect a few days ago to reset the account. Of course, once I can set up that account for online access, I fully expect Quicken to mess up the opening balance on the account, since that is typically what happens when I reset an account. That's why I write down the info re: the opening balance for an account before I reset it.
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I called schools first. They are blaming Quicken. BTW I am still getting the CC 502 error code. I haven't been able to download for over a week. It looks like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Why am I paying for a subscription for software that doesn't work??
  • Ptherv
    Ptherv Member ✭✭
    Still receiving the CC-502 error for Schools First FCU accounts. I am supposed to receive a call from SFCU re Quicken issues, but based on other people's experiences, I'm not hopeful that they will provide much help. Quicken blames SFCU and SFCU blames Quicken. I tend to agree with Carl. Maybe we need to look into another product that we can use. SFCU is my main banking institution. Why pay a yearly subscription when it won't work for me? BTW, I've been using Quicken for 20 years.
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    [Removed- Speculation]