Configuration for number format [Edited]

Marconi Menezes
Marconi Menezes Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Display/UI (Windows)
I'm a new user creating my first accounts. By default, Quicken enters and shows numbers in the North American notation, i.e. X,XXX.XX. However, there're many other countries, including mine, where the notation is exactly the opposite, i.e. X.XXX,XX. Windows knows that and has it covered under Regional Settings, but Quicken doesn't seem to respect it and I cannot find an internal setting for that. Please, let me know if I'm missing something.
This is a problem when we're entering values in the register. Our number pads enter a "," for decimal place, not a ".", which messes up the value completely. Of course, we can use the "." in the main part of the keyboard, but it makes entering values much slower and unpleasant.
All Quicken needs to do is follow Windows' Regional Settings, please...
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Marconi Menezes,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

Unfortunately, this is not currently an option in Quicken so I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can switch this by changing a configuration file, but I do agree that it should be automatic or have a preference for it.  Note I'm not sure what this will do for data entry, for instance when automatically placing the decimal point.

C:\ProgramData\Quicken\config\QUICKEN.INI

Switch the xDecimal and xThousand values:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Marconi Menezes
    edited November 2022
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @Marconi Menezes,
    >
    > Unfortunately, this is not currently an option in Quicken so I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Thanks, Anja! It has already gotten my vote. Fingers crossed now. :-)
  • Marconi Menezes
    edited November 2022
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > You can switch this by changing a configuration file, but I do agree that it should be automatic or have a preference for it.  Note I'm not sure what this will do for data entry, for instance when automatically placing the decimal point.
    >
    > C:\ProgramData\Quicken\config\QUICKEN.INI
    >
    > Switch the xDecimal and xThousand values

Thanks for the tip, it works like a charm! I don't use the automatic decimal point and this worked well for visualization and entries in the register so it will do for now.

Something didn't work, though, in the currency list, where I could not manually update the rates anymore. This is not a problem for me because I can still make a transfer between accounts and specify the end amount on the receiving account, which is what I always do anyway.

Well, the option is there, so it only needs to be exposed as a configuration in settings or be automatically set by checking the OS Regional Settings.