After R45.7/.11/.13 Upgrade - Securities Comparison Mismatch (Multiple FIs) [Edited]

RedCab
RedCab Member ✭✭
After sync today Quicken reports for several stock positions:

"shares reported" = 0
"shares in Quicken" = something non-zero

When I go to the Fidelity website I see the actual quantity of the stock = something non-zero

So in the sync, either Fidelity is erroneously saying quantity is zero OR Quicken is incorrectly reading the data provided by Fidelity.

Please check this... and let's see if it can be solved without finger pointing between the companies... Thank you!

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-4977)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @psc,

I would suggest that you take the following steps to fix your problem"

1) Backup your Quicken datafile;
    2) Close out of Quicken; then open and download this LINK;
    3) Page down and then under Windows (US) - click on "October" - and then on the "release R44-28" link to start the download:
    4) Once the download of has completed - locate it (likely in your Downloads file) the filename is "QW27.1.44.28MPatch";
    5) Double click on it to install the download and once completed, restart Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups and/or tell me how that all went.

Frankx

Answers

• benne58
    benne58 Member
    I am having same problem. Quicken tells me that the shares in a fidelity account to not match those in fidelity. When I check in fidelity, the quicken and fidelity shares match
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Windows 10 Home, after R45.7 Quicken Update, TIAA Web Connect Download fails using a QFX file from TIAA. ALL securities fail with Securities Comparison Mismatch showing zero held shares from TIAA.  This worked fine in Quicken R44.28.
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Brought Quicken back to R44.28, identical QFX file from TIAA works fine.  So, the new release broke the way the QFX file from TIAA is processed.
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • taitelh
    taitelh Member ✭✭
    I need to go back to previous version as well. Can you post how to download that version? I'm not seeing a way to access older builds. Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @taitelh,
    taitelh said:
    Can you post how to download that version? I'm not seeing a way to access older builds. Thanks!
    You can download and install previous version releases through this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    I restored back to Release R44.28 (10/25/2022) from the link and restored my data from 11/2/2022.This fixed the issue. There is definitely an issue with R45.7 Quicken Update and TIAA Web Connect. Please fix!!!
  • btrcane
    btrcane Member ✭✭✭
    same problem with fidelity shares not existing in quicken last few days 5 stocks out of 50
  • maeagle
    maeagle Member ✭✭
    I had issues with schwab not downloading and in some cases giving zero price for trades. Cds and money funds not downloading and saying Quicken and schwab not matching on most securities. I also restored back to the old version 44.28 and all is working after restoring a 2 day old backup prior to r45.7.

Sorry this new version is not ready for prime time!
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• gjscaven
    gjscaven Member ✭✭
    I started having this same problem with Fidelity downloads into Quicken two days ago as well. The actual number of shares I see online at the Fidelity web site matches what I have in my own Quicken register - but the new downloaded shares do not match. What's also interesting is that in one account - there are six positions where the download says I have 0 shares (that's not correct) - and in another account - there are nine positions where download says I have 8,605.625 shares of those same nine positions - but my register positions match perfectly with the Fidelity web site. It would be great to resolve this problem soon. Thank you.
  • Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Q Windows Premier. I am getting "security comparison mismatches" after updating my accounts. The account balances agree with the online brokerage balances. This has happened several times since Quicken last updated.

I have several Fidelity accounts; the security comparison mismatches notice says Fidelity is reporting 0 shares while Quicken has the correct amount.

Yesterday the mismatches were all in 1 account, today they were in a different account. It is also appearing to happen when there is dividend reinvestment activity in the accounts. Fidelity shows the dividend reinvested share total, Quicken doesn't yet have the information but the message says Fidelity is reporting 0.

How do I fix this or do I just live with it? I knew there was a delay between Fidelity and Quicken of a day or 2, but I never received this security comparison mismatch notice before unless there was really a mismatch in the share amount.
  • Josetoo
    Josetoo Member ✭✭
    Agreed. I have the same mismatch problem, but with Fidelity. Quicken should have fixed this immediately.
  • PeterT
    PeterT Member ✭✭
    Similar problem. Quicken says 6-8 stocks have the same incorrect quantity of shares on the Fidelity side.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

As previously stated by @Quicken Jasmine; We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we do request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

In the meantime, some users have reported being able to resolve this issue by reverting back to the previous version release. You can download and install previous version releases through this support article.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Thank you to those who reported Security Qty Mismatch and also noted problem seems tied to Qn Premiere R45.7 update.  Here, the same sudden misalignment of share quantity shows between Qn and Fidelity after R45.7 installation.  Each of eight "Securities Comparison Mismatches" shows a grossly inaccurate qty of exactly 7252.875 reported shares.  However, the actual qty in my Qn register equals qty on Fidelity statement for each of those securities.

Kudos to the Qn reps who let Users know that you took action and routed issue to proper channels for resolution, too.  You probably saved customers like me several more hours of User-unsolvable troubleshooting.  I also reported problem directly to support team.
  • BamaT75
    BamaT75 Member ✭✭
    This is also happening with downloads from Wells Fargo. I have reported the issue to Quicken via Help ->Report a Problem.
  • wrighjww
    wrighjww Member ✭✭
    I have had the same problem since "upgrading" to version 45.7 with my Goldman Sachs investment accounts. I have reported the problem via the Help/Report a Problem menu in Quicken. This version of Quicken should have never been released without better quality control.
  • deathrs
    deathrs Member ✭✭
    My problem is the same as reported by seastar in the above post, (stock mismatch). It started after my R45.7 download. In addition, the transaction download from my banking account was incorrect, the transactions themselves were accurate, but the balances were some how off so it would not reconcile correctly. When I reverted back to R44.28, with the same data file all is working fine.
  • btrcane
    btrcane Member ✭✭✭
    after downgrading to 44.28 the stocks show up in my quicken portfolio but not in the online center positions
  • btrcane
    btrcane Member ✭✭✭
    sorry they are in the online report of holdings but not alphabetical so I can say the retrograde to 44.28 worked
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • PeterT
    PeterT Member ✭✭
    The issue is the incorrect number of shares, not the price per share.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-4977)

-Quicken Anja

• LizP
    LizP Member ✭✭
    All shares for one account are now reporting 0 shares. They have been fine for years. Security shares in Quicken are correct and match the shares on the account's website. However, as I said, the shares reported column shows 0 for all 5 securities for this account.

I have tried all the repair\validation options to no avail.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the comparison of your securities in Quicken and what the financial institution is reporting?

If so, there was a bug introduced in R45.7 that caused that problem.  If you are on that release (Help -> About Quicken) then that is the cause of it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • wrighjww
    wrighjww Member ✭✭
    I see that Quicken has released 45.11 for Windows. Does anyone know whether the security mismatch issue caused by the release of 45.7 was fixed in 45.11? After reverting to 44.28 fixed this problem, I don't want to "upgrade" to 45.11 if it causes the security mismatch problem to return.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    I installed the 45.11 release for Windows and my problem with Security Comparison Mismatch still exists. Sent problem report again. Reverting back to R44.28.
  • I get a securities comparison mismatch that shows there is zero shares in my TIAA account but XX shares show in quicken. The issue is that I do have the shares in the TIAA account and all of a sudden the mismatch shows and quicken wants to zero out my accounts. I did a manual download and the shares show there.
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    SAME HERE: 45.11 release for Windows and my problem with Security Comparison Mismatch still exists!
    I tried to revert back to R44.28 again and am getting
    "An error occurred
    Unable to check for updates, the server file failed to load.

Could not parse the URL "8500\AppData\LocallTemp
    XP000. TMP\ current/wyserver.wys" - it's either malformed or is an unknown protocol." !!!
This discussion has been closed.