NFCU transaction download issue (QMAC)

I updated to Version 6.10.3 a few days ago. It used to be when I connected to the bank online, it downloaded new transactions & marked transactions in the reconciliation automatically that had posted. I just had to verify accuracy before finalizing the reconciliation. Since the update, no new transactions are being downloaded & nothing is being checked off in the reconciliation. The only thing that seems to be happening is that in reconciliation it knows the current bank balance. I'm having to go into the bank app & manually enter or mark transactions reconciled. How can I fix this?

Answers

• Not sure if it matters, but I bank with NFCU--in case it is an error with connecting to them instead of a change with the update/settings.
  • Not sure if it matters, but I bank with NFCU--in case it is an error with connecting to them instead of a change with the update/settings.
    Hello @iamconfuzzled,   

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing any error messages when trying to update accounts or download transactions? Also, if you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

You may then add your Navy Federal Credit Union-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues with downloads continue in this data file. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • It managed to fix itself after a few days.
  • It managed to fix itself after a few days.
    Hello @iamconfuzzled,   

Thank you so much for checking back in with us about this and letting us know how things developed. I am glad to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved, although I wish we had more information about this.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
  • iamconfuzzled
    iamconfuzzled Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Sadly it is again not downloading the transactions, but it does know the current bank balances when I log into NFCU. This is very frustrating. There are no error messages. It simply stopped downloading transactions again.
  • Sadly it is again not downloading the transactions, but it does know the current bank balances when I log into NFCU. This is very frustrating. There are no error messages. It simply stopped downloading transactions again.
    Hello @iamconfuzzled,  

I am sorry to hear that this problem has reemerged. Thanks for letting us know that this started happening, once more.

What happens when you create a test file using the steps listed in my post earlier? Are you receiving the same results?

I look forward to your answer and hearing more about your results, and I will provide more advice, as necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • off2dsny
    off2dsny Member ✭✭
    For the past month I am unable to download any transactions from Navy Federal Credit Union in Quicken for Mac. I am on the latest version 6.10.3 and have tried everything that support is going to say
    -Deactivated accounts
    -Removed Keychain passwords
    -tried a new quicken file

When I perform either a single account update or the update all, it goes through the 2FA and says it is updating but nothing appears. I can log into Navy Federal and download my files and then import them but this is NOT how it should work.

Why does Quicken always have issues with one of the largest Credit Unions?
  • off2dsny said:
    For the past month I am unable to download any transactions from Navy Federal Credit Union in Quicken for Mac. I am on the latest version 6.10.3 and have tried everything that support is going to say
    -Deactivated accounts
    -Removed Keychain passwords
    -tried a new quicken file

When I perform either a single account update or the update all, it goes through the 2FA and says it is updating but nothing appears. I can log into Navy Federal and download my files and then import them but this is NOT how it should work.

Why does Quicken always have issues with one of the largest Credit Unions?
    Hello @off2dsny,         

I am sorry to hear about these issues with downloading transactions. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you currently making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), new firewall settings, pop-up blockers, or antivirus software? If so, it may be necessary to remove these, at least temporarily, in order to troubleshoot this issue.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JRHVSD
    JRHVSD Member ✭✭
    I began having the same issue with Navy Fed with Quicken for MAC. It connect, then with auto reconcile on it says I need to look at non matched transactions. Navy Fed use to be a solid connection. Now its very frustrating. Today I to disconnect the account and re-connected. I still did not get transaction to download. I had to go to the Navy Fed site and do a manual pulling.
  • JRHVSD said:
    I began having the same issue with Navy Fed with Quicken for MAC. It connect, then with auto reconcile on it says I need to look at non matched transactions. Navy Fed use to be a solid connection. Now its very frustrating. Today I to disconnect the account and re-connected. I still did not get transaction to download. I had to go to the Navy Fed site and do a manual pulling.
    Hello @JRHVSD,  

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services that seems to be affecting you as well. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you also noticing these issues in a new test file, as @off2dsny had described earlier? In order to test this, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

You may then add your Navy Federal-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by clicking on the Add Account button (denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen) choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dts
    dts Member
    I am having these same issues - only now it downloads SOME transactions but not all. It randomly skipped two weeks in the middle of the statement. It seems every month is a new problem with Quicken.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    These problems are not limited to Mac users. 

We Windows users are seeing similar problems for at least a month now.  It would be helpful to know whether and or when these issues - which are probably affecting many, many Quicken users (given that NFCU is the largest credit union in the world) might be fixed.

Could we please have some idea of what the problems are and when we can expect to see a fix?

Thanks,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JRHVSD
    JRHVSD Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @JRHVSD,  
    >
    > I am sorry about this problem with online banking services that seems to be affecting you as well. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 
    >
    > Are you also noticing these issues in a new test file, as @off2dsny had described earlier? In order to test this, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:* Navigate to File
    > * Select New
    > * Select Start from scratch
    > * Click Next
    > * Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    > * Click Next
    > * Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    > * Click Next 
    >
    > You may then add your Navy Federal-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by clicking on the Add Account button (denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen) choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 
    >
    > I look forward to your response. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Hi Jared,

I did the above steps. As others have reported I was able to download and have quicken reconcile all of my NFCU accounts. This includes, Checking, 2 Savings, Credit Card and Mortgage.

With this being said, what does this prove? We can't all start over with new files every time quicken does and update and breaks something that was working and loose years of transactional data.

I just restored my original file and tried an update with NFCU and it "Did not" download new transactions.

I have been a user of quicken for over 30 years. Since you went to this hosted version and not having a local copy I have seen downloading problems increase substantially.

Thank you for you anticipated expedited fix of this issues. NFCU is the largest Credit Union in the world.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Sorry for the delay in replying. I honestly haven't had time to deal with this issue & have continued with manual entries.

Regarding a test file. I did that & it downloaded some stuff, but was missing a lot and the balances were not reliable. So I went back to the original file and kept manually entering data.

Today it downloaded all but one account. When I checked my settings it said there was no connection for that account. I set it back up and it downloaded completely. But who knows what tomorrow will bring with Quicken?

It would be really nice to know if this is a Quicken or Navy Fed issue and for there to be a resolution.
  • bambam80
    bambam80 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue, none of the November 2022 or latest transactions are downloading from Navy Federal? Every month prior to November was ok. I'm using Quicken Deluxe V 6.10.3. Is this a known issue being worked by Navy Federal or Quicken? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.