Quicken - What happened - costing more ?

KCStarkweather
KCStarkweather Member
edited January 2023 in Before you Buy
I bought Quicken the first time and it was great. Now it is a subscription and I guess I will have to find something new (or old)to keep track of my checking from now on.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your message is so vague as to make rendering assistance impossible.
    • What EXACT issues are you having with Q?
    • What Q product are you running?
    • What BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    • What's your "Membership Valid until" date, also at that dialog?
    • What banks/cards/etc are you having issues with in Q?  Do TOOLS, Account list for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken was at least a 3-year renewal to retain the online access features.
    That is now changed to a 1-year renewal....  that's "What Happened"

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken has been a subscription product for 4 years, any version before that stopped online services in April, 2020, so it can't be the demise of online features that has you looking for a new version of Quicken, so why upgrade, there is nothing new that is not an online feature.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RodW
    RodW Member
    Dear Quicken: I don't use any of your online services; I just need a way to keep track of my finances (including a few investments) for budgeting and tax purposes. Your new subscription service is just a way to get money for old rope, as far as I'm concerned - over $80/year, in my case, since I do track my investments. The fact that you have NOW TAKEN UP 1/3 OF MY CHECK REGISTER SPACE FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION NOTIFICATION BLURB will prevent me from ever buying your product again, whereas I used to update it every few years.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodW said:
    Dear Quicken: I don't use any of your online services; I just need a way to keep track of my finances (including a few investments) for budgeting and tax purposes. Your new subscription service is just a way to get money for old rope, as far as I'm concerned - over $80/year, in my case, since I do track my investments. The fact that you have NOW TAKEN UP 1/3 OF MY CHECK REGISTER SPACE FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION NOTIFICATION BLURB will prevent me from ever buying your product again, whereas I used to update it every few years.
    You only need Deluxe for what you are doing, so $60/year (from Quicken.com) is the price for a returning/extending customer.
    Shop around, you might find a better price, just make sure it is not labeled "new user" because that would require being registered against a Quicken Id that has never had a subscription registered against it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @RodW You're not talking to Quicken management here, so expressing your displeasure about the price or the subscription model is going into a black hole. If you determine Quicken isn't worth the price, and if you can find something else which meets your needs, then it's time to move on. Many of us have determined that Quicken provides enough value to be worth the roughly $5/month price, and/or that its the best available tool for our needs. And some people leave because one or both of those is no longer true. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    KCStarkweather said:  Now it is a subscription and I guess I will have to find something new
    For some, it's worth the $5/month to keep track of my 18 financial accounts - for some... guess not -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodW said:   I don't use any of your online services; I just need a way to keep track of my finances (including a few investments) for budgeting and tax purposes.
    Dear RodW - For some, it's worth the $5/month to keep track of my 18 financial accounts - for some... guess not -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    @torontochap Are you having any specific issues with Q ... or is this just a "drive-by shooting"?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.